Glad To Be Back

Hello all after a 5 year break from running dogs I thought it's about time to dust off the old light force and get back out there, it all started with a phone call around 15 months ago a good freind of mine call and was speaking to me about some pups he was going to view and asked if I wanted to tag along to have a look too. I eventually picked him up and we set off to see the pups all i knew was the mother was a saluki bull grey didn't have clue what the father was until we got there and got chatting to the guy selling the pups the shire was a 19" whippet so I was slightly concerned about what size they would make as we have big rabbits in my neck of the woods and 19" wouldn't do the job for me but after a long chat and playing with the pups I fell in love with a little bitch I named roxy right there and then don't know why but that name just came to me I also handed over a deposit so I went to have a look but now I'm getting involved haha well 4 weeks later I picked her up and we been bonding and training since, she's a very outgoing little bitch she only made 21" but we will see how she gets on, her first night out on the lamp was 2 weeks ago today she had never been lamping befor this and only ever seen dead rabbits so was hoping that the thrill of the chase would get her going I spotted a squatter pretty close to a hedge it was her one and only run of the night and she nailed it like she been doing it years kept it out the hedge well and stuck tight only put in two turns and she had it was so happy to see her come from a pup to catch her first rabbit then the second night out she done the same one run one kill things are looking good for the little bitch I'll keep you all posted

Atb lads

Reece

post-29441-0-02403800-1509466345_thumb.jpeg

Edited by deeley24
  • Like 3