Sign in to follow this  
jok

Onion Sets

Now then you lot. Never having thought of it before, I wondered what you think. Right. Bought 2 sacks of pickling onions and found a few with green shoots showing. Now I reckon we've all put sets in and the results are predictable. What about setting a few of these pickling onion sets.? How will they come on ? (Not shallots by the way). I don't know if they are treated before being bagged up or indeed how they will grow on. Your thoughts please. Jok.

Can't see why they would treat them with anything if they are ment to be eaten ? If they have green shoots they must be growing , but I wonder how they will they fair in a Scottish winter ? ..must be worth a try jok what's the worst thing that can happen ...they all die ...chuck em in and see ..just to add I know nothing .

• Like 1

Well that's that then. 40 pickling onion sets in. Will keep you informed. Also set 2 rows broad beans and 2 rows Spring cabbage. Most of my winter digging complete so now just a general tidy up and back to the workshop. Happy days.jok.

• Like 2