New Cornish Member

Hi People,

I've joined after hearing about the site from my l'ill brother. I've had a very varied hunting past, staring with working on Hunt yards when I left school - Horse & hound stuff, then got into lamping and shooting (12 bore) then progressed to lurcher work. I've had one outstanding bitch, who was never supposed to be used for rabbiting, but when she started bringing them home on her own at 6 months old, who was I to stop her!

I'm not actively hunting at present (apart from working the lamp for my other half, popping a few rabbits on our land), but its still running through my veins, and just reading a few of the posts on here has made me remember the chill winds stinging your face out lamping, the smell of a hot gun, and having an faithful friend at the side of your leg.

^_^ Happy days ^_^ *sigh* Anyways, just a hello to introduce myself :icon_redface::bye:

Hello TM,welcome to the forum. Being a relative newby myself,I'm still finding my way about. There are some very knowledgeable people on here,who help and advise generously. There are also one or two very good storytellers,who can make a night out with a gun or a dog very interesting.Enjoy your stay.

:bye: Hi Tis welcome to the forum hope you enjoy your stay, your not to far from me :bye:

Hi guys, thankyou so much for the offer Mark, sounds amazing, getting a sitter for the babies is the problem :doh: me other half would probably fall over too, if I said I was going out shooting lol Thats more his pleasure these days lol

Never know though, one day ...... :)

Hi outshooting - nice to know we have a few locals about :tongue2: - I'm near St. Austell.

:bye: Hi Tis welcome to the forum hope you enjoy your stay, your not to far from me :bye:

Hi guys, thankyou so much for the offer Mark, sounds amazing, getting a sitter for the babies is the problem :doh: me other half would probably fall over too, if I said I was going out shooting lol Thats more his pleasure these days lol

Hi outshooting - nice to know we have a few locals about :tongue2: - I'm near St. Austell.

Hello from the other side of the A30, Cheers, D.

Hello from the other side of the A30, Cheers, D.

:bye: Hi D :bye: lol probably the best side of the A30 too!

Welcome to site Tis TM Lives in St Day.

Work Whippets Day/Night and have a cage full of ferrets.

( :victory: @ maltenby)

Thankyou Springfield,

I've just aquired a black lab puppy to train for eventual retrieving dog. I have a 2 year old Ridgeback too, who's just a pet and house minder really.

I've just had to rehome my ferret "Rip" ... he was supposed to be friendly for the kids, and for me to flush the rats from thier holes in my poultry garden, but the little begger was SO fiesty that only I could handle him. I had a polecat x years ago about 3 times the size of Rip, and he was great, but the little white sod has made me a bit nervy now! :icon_eek:

I love any country sports and this site has some wicked topics & pic's. I could spend hours reading back past posts! :thumbs: