Sign in to follow this  
trappa

Nv Recommendations

Lads, im looking for a decent NV scope. I bought one of the set ups from ebay last year with the small screen that connects up and although it works great, i arent keen on the wires etc so im looking for a dedicated scope. It will be for a 22lr primarily for rabbits but also for ratting with an air rifle. Ive a lowly budget of around £300 and the scope needs to work in daylight too. Ive been looking for a yukon photon as they are the only ones i know, Im really not up to spec on these scopes at all. Any other makes i should be looking for?

Thanks in advance

trappa

Apologies. Could a mod move this to the correct area. Please and thanks.

The photon is fine with a T20 on top , I use two the 6,5 & the 4,6 I found the 6,5 with the bigger objective a big advantage , swapping between a ,22 and 22,250 .

You can get problems zeroing the ,22 unless you use the correct mounts as you run out of elevation I shimmed the rear mount with no loss of zero removing the unit and refitting ( keep the mounts on the photon and remove as a unit ) use them in the day time as well .

The 4,6 is swapped around a pcp the same , there are two for sale on the forum .

ATB

I have used the ATV gen 1 rifle scope with the IR thing on top for when it is pitch black..and your right when it is pitch black you can not see that good but the IR helps a lot!

Edited by Vincej