- - - - -

boar last night

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_john2007oliver_*

Guest_john2007oliver_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2007 - 12:24 pm

Good shooting, just don't kill too many, we want the population to grow :thumbs:

#17 fishfish

fishfish

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 12:50 pm

i never have liked the taste of pork to be honest. its the last thing on the menu i want to bother with.. but if wild pig is better than domestic then i might have a change of heart.. will have it to try it out and see for myself..

its fab meat mate,if you ever get a chance buy some! and wild boar sausages are yummy too!

#18 Foxtrot

Foxtrot

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 12:51 pm

Amazing pictures!! All that meat will surely fill the frezzer!!?? Never tried wild pig, but after seeing the good meat that comes off them, i must try and find one for the freezer!!

#19 Guest_Lord B_*

Guest_Lord B_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2007 - 09:37 pm

Some great pics there, especially the butchery ones, nice to see.

Its what we are having on our Christmas table, shot in Poland.

#20 FJager

FJager

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 09:51 pm

Have a go at all the plonk in the background! :thumbs:

#21 apollo

apollo

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 11:18 pm

Home brew cider done on an old time press with proper time and care put in to it, good job i dont drink a drop, you can see the press in this pic..

Posted Image

Edited by apollo, 21 December 2007 - 11:29 pm.

#22 kiwi

kiwi

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 11:37 pm

good work, great to see they are increasing enough for you guys to start hunting them often.
just a question do you still stick them to bleed them out after shooting them?
and i wouldn't bother hanging them for a week til you process them, they are not deer, a few hours in the chiller and they can be butchered.

#23 BlueCoyote

BlueCoyote

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 11:49 pm

i never have liked the taste of pork to be honest. its the last thing on the menu i want to bother with.. but if wild pig is better than domestic then i might have a change of heart.. will have it to try it out and see for myself..

its fab meat mate,if you ever get a chance buy some! and wild boar sausages are yummy too!

it better be lol i dont usually go anywhere near sausage :tongue2: only come across one man who could make decent sausage and they came from pigs my aunt raised and paid him to butcher for her.

#24 alix

alix

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:33 pm

keep shooting them mate. but theres something i cant believe all those bloody ribs and i neva had one.
ha ha. happy new year mate c u soon.
stephen.

#25 mole trapper

mole trapper

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 10:08 pm

Those that have not tried real wild boar thankfully do not know what they are missing, i have tried it in Prague and Helsinki and it is fab, even the sausages i have bought in the uk have been pretty damned good.

#26 brock

brock

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:04 pm

apollo you might not drink a drop,but i bet those 2 in the picture would drink your share,theyre parshall to a drop :D :D :D

#27 apollo

apollo

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:24 pm

You could be right they do partake in a small tipple now and again :whistling: :whistling:

#28 dion burgess

dion burgess

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:49 pm

Went out last night after getting some pics on the night camera

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j52/ji...

We went at 11.00 and were in position by 12.00am, at around 2.00 am we heard them and my mate shot this small sow for the freezer.....

WHAT ARE YOU DOING KILLING SOWS !!! LET THEM BREED AND JUST KILL BOARS ! YOU WILL END UP WITH A FULL TIME JOB KILLING PIGS FOR THE GOVERNMENT !! AND U CAN EMPLOY ME TO !! CHEERS DION .

#29 bigboydan

bigboydan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 04:44 pm

if you have the time ,the best way of getting the hair off to keep the skin/crackling ,is to have a small fire and put the pig on the ashes for a moment then brush them off with a stiff brush. i know its not always possible here in england to have a fire in the field but its the best way to keep that lovely crackling.

#30 apollo

apollo

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:33 pm

I tell you what, it might be worth doing as the crackling is the best bit but everyone would know where they are then, with all the burnt patches in the fields :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users