Sign in to follow this  
walshie

Hilux Lift Kit

I'm thinking of putting a lift kit on my Hilux. I don't want it looking like bigfoot as i'll probably only change the tyres for A/Ts or similar.

I believe there is a few different ways to lift them using springs/shocks/clamps/shackles etc.

Would a 2" lift require new brake lines and so on?

Is it worth buying a kit to do it or take ti to someone? Who makes the best kits?

Cheers.

I'm thinking of putting a lift kit on my Hilux. I don't want it looking like bigfoot as i'll probably only change the tyres for A/Ts or similar.

I believe there is a few different ways to lift them using springs/shocks/clamps/shackles etc.

Is it worth buying a kit to do it or take ti to someone? Who makes the best kits?

Cheers.

I lifted my 2008 invincible. I got a pro comp lift kit from Jimnybits. The front springs are really solid but it handles so much better. Make sure you get the load compensator extended on the rear axle or your rear brakes won't work! I then got BFG AT 285, 75 r16 tyres. They rubbed the inner arch plastics a bit so i would go for a 70 profile or less next time. Mine was 75mm front 50mm rear. Make sure whoever fits the kit reads the instructions first. Cheers

• Like 1

Cheers.

I lifted my 2008 invincible. I got a pro comp lift kit from Jimnybits. The front springs are really solid but it handles so much better. Make sure you get the load compensator extended on the rear axle or your rear brakes won't work! I then got BFG AT 285, 75 r16 tyres. They rubbed the inner arch plastics a bit so i would go for a 70 profile or less next time. Mine was 75mm front 50mm rear. Make sure whoever fits the kit reads the instructions first. Cheers

You don't need new brake lines. Cheers

Get longer springs and shocks. The spacer kits are ok but your using your old worn springs. You can also do body spacers but that won't increase the travel of your suspension.