Kwikfit Add On Night Vision Rigs

KwikFit night add on night vision rig for sale - made by some bloke in a shed.

They are made with moulded and machined components that are custom designed and made in small batches specifically for me. I say this to explain that while I will only have one built at a time, I will be able to replace it within a day or so once one has been sold.

DSCF6483_zpsasaji7zy.jpg

There are some minor revisions since I made the video: The quiet push switches have been moved below the battery/monitor pod: The inner is the optics. They are positioned close together so they can be pressed simultaneously: There will be rare occasions when the rig can be used covertly in twilight or bright moonlight without using the illuminator at low ranges. The trailing 'camera in' socket is also now glued to the base of the box.

The integrated zoomable T50 illuminator has an optional screw in shroud to minimize light spillage towards the sound moderator that could reflect back into the scope, simply swap the shroud for the standard T50 torch bezel. A side effect of this is that quarry well off axis is less likely to spot the IR glow. Many would be surprised at how wide an angle a torch with an aspheric lens can be spotted from.

How quick was that to add a complete ready to use NV that includes the illuminator fitted and solidly aimed straight ahead? No faffing about getting it to point where the scope views every time you whip it on. :angel:

Its stand apart feature is a very solidly mounted and well aimed integrated T50 illuminator that by default will point virtually dead ahead. However, just as scopes need zeroing, the supplied IR torch weaver mount MIGHT need to be fine tuned with shims to aim the torch exactly just above centre screen of the 5" 800x480 monitor - which has a brightness control, for your specific rifle. Once the zero has been set, future use is repeatable and doesn't have the torch flop down or sideways every time you move the rifle.

The rig takes 3 FLAT TOP 18650 rechargeable batteries - not supplied: If something happens to any of them its very easy to change without losing use of the rig for a few days while a pack would be repaired - and I don't get sued if one goes bang. I personally use 'free' cells from recovered laptop battery packs. They are easily fitted and changed in seconds without any tools as seen in the video below this link:

The 'base' of the battery/monitor box is laminated with a second layer of ABS sheet, solvent welded inside it before the torch body is clamped through it to make for a seriously sturdy module fixing that's not going to flop around or snap any mounting legs if the rifle rig is rested on it - or even picked up by it. :angel:

The KPC E700 camera is located in the rear part of my unique and original design 4 jaw Collet Chuck DSA which comes with two split spacer rings. It will suit plain scope eye bell diameters from a maximum 45mm down to a minimum diameter of 39MM. Once set up to suit a specific eye bell it only needs about half a turn of the screw cap to lock in place, and the clamping forces of collet chucks are remarkable. Point to note - if used with a centrefire rifle medium or high mounts are likely to be necessary to avoid the bolt lever fouling the screw cap of the DSA. when the bolt is drawn back See the last photo.

Prior to applying final clamping pressure with the screw cap, Turn on the optical part of the rig (the lower switch) and push the Collet Chuck hard against the ocular adjust wheel and twist to adjust the retical while watching it real time on the monitor like this:

A single trailing cable passes between the two modules, I have deliberately made it long enough to fit longer scopes and the slack can be taken up by wrapping it once around the scope so it doesn't cause any hindrance.

It is supplied with one of these scope rail adaptors that you will fit ahead of the scope turrets. If you want to fit the rig to other rifles you will need one of them for each rifle - and they make a handy mount for lamping torches too. Buy them from here or I can supply extra one's with the order at £10 each.

More details may be added later. Any item I produce is sold with three months warranty against failure and I prefer people to buy on a sales thread rather than via PM so the date and spec is there for us both to refer back too.

Experience has shown the batteries CAN shift slightly under hard recoil from some centrefire rifles so in hindsight I will not claim they are suited for hard recoil centrefire use. However I'm pleased to say I recently found found some tighter 18650 battery carriers that seem to be doing a much better job at retaining them: To the point that one sometimes needs to assist the neutral coil spring push the cell onto the positive terminal by sliding it 'forwards'

I still don't suggest they are totally recoil proof for very heavy calibre's but I'm much happier to offer them as suitable for moderate recoil centre-fire rifles - and a 10 day no quibble refund of the purchase price for anyone up for trying one.

Basic price is from £250 for subsonic ranges.

Options available:

With a regular Chinese Spec T50 with AS pill - £250.

With a T50 Black Sun pill fitted - £290

Additional scope weaver rail adaptors £10.

A DVR cable with right angled plugs at each end - buyer needs to specify which DVR: Add £10

RMSD is £13.

DSCF6482_zpszllplm9i.jpg

DSCF6291_zpsswhwsnzs.jpg

DSCF6300_zpsmrz7tefw.jpg

DSCF6304_zps1iurmnah.jpg

Current builds have been revised with the IR pill soldered rather than wired with the connector block shown here.

DSCF6497_zpspsdjyppx.jpg

• 1 month later...
I have a one off (for now) EVO torch version. I propose to make them available in five KwikFit EVO Add On NV formats.

With either a 38mm, 50mm, 67mm or a 75mm torch head - or no torch head if the buyer already has an extra head for an existing EVO torch. This has become practical as the IR pill is compatible with each head size - and I can solder it in without waiting to customise it to a specific buyers requirement.

I only currently have a 67mm EVO head, so it is offered with that head at £267, or headless at ONLY £220. :angel:

These prices are subject to minor finalisation when I have parts in stock to commence production of them.

The base price will likely be £220 with no torch head and more with the following formula.

£238 with a 38mm head.

£250 with a 50mm head.

£267 with a 67mm head: The photo shows how close the 67mm head is to an 8x56mm scope objective bell.

£275 with a 75mm head: This 75mm head is very likely to foul a 56mm objective bell.

You might want to save a tad and purchase your own torch head - that saves me tying up funds and I save a little on P&P too. :angel:

DSCF7027_zpsuufd1zwr.jpg

DSCF7028_zpscif12fpk.jpg

For anyone who doesn't know what an EVOLUTION torch is take a look, it's sold under various UK brands, this is from: Torchfactory.com

evolution-torches-evo-torch_zpsvjb2hqyu.

• 1 month later...