-== Sir Storms Progress ==-

Guest world.hunters

nice one mate i love to see c**ts getting proven wrong,i know of a guy that had a hancock dog,he shot it before it was a year old :wankerzo4: ,very sad i know but it happens, and that was that,"shit dogs them".as people would say,know it all they do,know it all :no:

good luck with the dogs :thumbs:

i think worldhunter would agree it is a privledge to own a hancock dog. and you are right it is what you put in :victory:

Edited by MIKE1

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest world.hunters

its nothink to do with the breeder, for me it was the breeding i wanted when i wanted it, and no matter who breeds the dogs if you put time and effort into them you will get the best out of them, you will always get good en and bad ens no matter where they come from or who they are bred from, you could have a pup from 2 cracking dogs, not put any effort into it and be dissapointed, but that is just my opinion.

w.h

Good on you lads with yer hancocks,dinnae be listening tae some of these no-alls on here about them blah blah....i know he turned out some decent stuff in years gone by,i had two and they done well for me and by the looks of w/h young dog here he's still putting out some decent dogs :thumbs: good and bad in all breeds and of more importence in the right hands.........................

Edited by gaz
Guest world.hunters

Had storm out again wednesday night and kegs lad came down with bear.

pissed it down and rain must of once again detered the rabbits as there was feck all out just a couple of long slips, lifting with hares tho and once again one was lifted on return of a run and shot, when storm retrieved it he hit it hard flipping over before securing it,

got a nice jill ferret aswell its a cracking little silver and should make a good team.

160.jpg

161.jpg

162-1.jpg

that is the court it is more then big enough for the ferrets and i will soon be putting a couple of levels in there aswell i didnt do the bet job on coating the front, i should of used varnish but opted for the fence paint which doesnt look as good but does the job. and i need to put a lock on the side door, for now im just securing it will a breeze block lol

W.h

• 3 weeks later...
Guest world.hunters

Went out ferreting today with witton and rew aswell. i havnt been out for a while as storm slit his foot where the large pad joins the foot on his front paw, iv gave it around 2 weeks to let it heel 100% so i was looking forward to a good day out.

Netting up and had a bolt straight away, had another couple bolts but not runnable we then had a small did as the ferrets had killed then the ferrets surfaced and rews had no collar on, witton started digging with a plank of wood lol but we soon got hold of a spade and retrieved the collar and the rabbit, we then moved on and had no more action so we let the dogs have a piss about chasing each other, and then on the last warren just a small one, we entered my ferret with a couple nets and had a nice dig to a rabbit, havnt had a dig for a while to the ferret and rabbit and its a great feeling when you break through, we will be out alot more now that i have a couple weeks of work and storms pad has healed fully. i was pleased with his performance today as when the rabbit bolted there was no grabbing for the net ect he just sat there and let me get on with it. cant complain.

here is a few pics.

W.h

166.jpg

167.jpg

169.jpg

173.jpg

172.jpg

171.jpg

170.jpg

the brindle lurcher is my dads mate we dont really work her that much as we are bringing on the new pups ,but im after abit of sport with the lads these next two weeks so i'll have her out everyday near enough ,3/4 greyhound x 1/4 beardie collie and she stands at 231/2" .great pics W.H but is that all you got lol ? storm did do well but i have got to say i was impressed with all of them and the ferrets which bolted us about 8 rabbits and killed two .the run on the big bunny was class ,only wish it was closer and you could of got some great pics .i liked how both pups (bracken and storm) was quick into the action after such a long gap to make up ,after bramble worked it up :victory: but why did we have to give them a 10 min mad run about just before :doh: your doing a grand job with your pups upbringing and shes looking in fine fettle witton ,well looking forward to next week and watching your other bitch run.would of loved to of saw that rangers face after they collard us and then i asked to borrow a spade lol which he said yes to and i dug down to the finder collar then pulled out that rabbit and necked it infront of him. :thumbs:.just one more thing ,can somebody else lay all the nets next time because my hands are throbbing.lol

good hunting

rew

Edited by REW

Yeah it was a good day.....The rabbits that bolted didn't really stand a chance of getting caught in woodland.....especially the ones on that very steep banking....i could see dogs breaking there necks running down that around all the trees and drop offs. :clapper: Shame that calf wasn't a roe :( really did look like one tho didn't it from all that way standing grazing in the turnip field :laugh: feck knows where it came from...

Next monday will be a good do mate :thumbs:

Looking forward to showing you the older bitch run :thumbs:

Witton

Guest world.hunters

i know what u meen mate, if it doesnt clear might do abit of shooting if you want mate.

lol that "roe" was a good laugh all that walk to get around the long way so no to risk spooking it for it to be a cow lol

next monday wil be a good day.