Stick with the Navara Tony, we could get together and set up a support group :thumbs:

You're right Sim :thumbs:. they've taken a real hammering on some sites and I listened and paniced! but since doing my homework alot of the aqusations are unfounded, I know you like your's mate and I feel the same about mine too!! Millet also rates them very high after putting his through its paces for a few years now, I trolled the net for hours last night compareing the top pick ups and the Nav has everything going for it....

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its funny how I keep hearing alot of critisim about the Navara but this car has been kicking the arse of the other oposition in the rateings for a fair while now :whistling:.

One thing is definitley has is more Grunt right through to the top, the other fuel consumption and a good few other things. I spent a fair bit of time comparing them all last night and have reached the conclusion a newer Navara is probably the way to go.

Found this on youtube of a L200 vs Navara :thumbs:...

feck the trucks!!!! fifth gear,s vicki......ummmmmmm, i,d eat a bag of her toe nails. :wub:

dont know what all the fuss is about, i have got the new model (d40) navara in the outlaw spec, its awesome ! cant fault it, no problems so far (touch wood )

hard to keep it looking clean though (black ) other than that its so versatile for me with loads of power, looks great and has loads of extras not found on other pickups

only done a little off road in it, not got stuck yet, its long, never be as good as a defender 90, but ok

the best car i have ever had, hope it lasts for a few years to get my moneys worth outof it !! :drink: : :D:D

dont know what all the fuss is about, i have got the new model (d40) navara in the outlaw spec, its awesome ! cant fault it, no problems so far (touch wood )

hard to keep it looking clean though (black ) other than that its so versatile for me with loads of power, looks great and has loads of extras not found on other pickups

only done a little off road in it, not got stuck yet, its long, never be as good as a defender 90, but ok

the best car i have ever had, hope it lasts for a few years to get my moneys worth outof it !! :drink: : :D:D

Very nice mate :thumbs:. The D40 Outlaw is what I would like to raid my Piggy bank for. at the moment I have a 2002 D22 which I can't honestly complain about but I have read things in the past which was a bit worrieing, I think alot of the crap you read is scare tactics that some people get off on for some reason.

The D40 is a real looker there's no doubt about that, the little bit extra grunt compared to the D22 could come in handy too....

Cheers

Jasper

i have a 54 rally raid nivara and it is the best truck i have ever had.

quick and powerfull

i took it to a landrover of road course and they were amazed at how far it went would post a picture of it but cant upload it. says the file is to big

but will e-mail it to you got a good one of it in the mud so i could not open the doors so i climed out the window took the pic got in and drove off :yes:

i have a 54 rally raid nivara and it is the best truck i have ever had.

quick and powerfull

i took it to a landrover of road course and they were amazed at how far it went would post a picture of it but cant upload it. says the file is to big

but will e-mail it to you got a good one of it in the mud so i could not open the doors so i climed out the window took the pic got in and drove off :yes:

Nice one mate :thumbs:. the way I reduce the size of Pic's is to Email them to myself! Just right click on the pic and then click: send to! then select: Mail recipient! it then gives you a choice to make the pic's smaller which I do, I then send it to my own addy and save it to a made up folder in: My Pictures, you can then select this pic to upload onto the site, there's probably alot easier way but I'm pretty crap on computers :doh:.....

Stick with the Navara Tony, we could get together and set up a support group :thumbs:

Guess you dont have an 04 plated navara then!

We have just got rid of ours and gone back to a Landy! thirsty on juice but great motor, that doesnt blow up between 50-80 thousand miles! - Just couldnt take the risk!

Dont get me wrong Navara was great, but take a look at their own forum and you will see the problems that the 04 plates have

I'm thinking alot of the hype about Navs blowing are just scare stories Millet. I know some do just as I have seen other makes of car engines going Pop! but I'm begginging to doubt its just the Navs with a problem! its funny how we always hear about the one's that blow their lid and not about the one's that are well into the mid Hundred thousands and higher :gunsmilie: .

I think any of these motors that gets constantly booted are going to give way in the end, lets face it they pretty well geared down for being a work horse and not a Motor to be thacked about on the Motorway covered in bling by some posers I see on some of the other 4 x 4 sites :whistling:...

Touch wood mine has been a cracker mate since I purchased it, its averageing around the same figures fuel wise as yours but the only down side is it has now covered 97,000 :hmm:, I must admit since reading the scare stories I was shitting myself and even considered having the conrod bolts replaced as a precaution, I'm now thinking f**k it and will jack it in for a D40 sometime in the next couple of years :thumbs:....

Cheers

Jasper

I think what you have to look at is, are you happy with it, if your happy thats all that matters, you pay for it and use it at the end of the day... I'd ditch the road tyres straight away if you want to use it offroad i.e wet,muddy, fields/terrain ....

my nissan is tsill going strong it has got 44.5k on on it now .

i know a chap how had 4 L200's and they have all been replaced by nav's he had 2 clutches 3 engins 1 gear box and 6 head gaskets on his L200'S while he had them the oldest one was 03.

and for off road tyres cooper st discoveres are the best out there 60/40s grip to the road really well. the dulers i had on before done 36 k bad on the road and bad off road.

FPO.. i dont know how you can say they are thirsty on the juice.. :icon_eek: .. what are you doing driving around in 1st gear.. :whistling: ..

As most folk will know ive had my 04 navara for a 1 1/2yrs now and i can honestly say beetween the few 4X4's ive been in and know of this is the best on fuel to date..ive put 28000 mile on it since ive had it so i have a fair idea of the fuel consumption..which i would say would range between 28mpg to 35mpg

It's a nice veihicle to drive once you get through the lower gear's ie 1st/2nd and 3rd as they are a bit rough through them i have found.. but hey it's a working tool..

:wallbash::wallbash: Millet read the post properly The landy is heavier on juice!! Yeh nissan was great, but with the business miles MT puts on a motor, and con rods blowing up down here at 50 + thousand didnt want to run the risk! plus spent in excess of 6 grand to fix it! If your insurance will cover it thats great, but the fully comp insurance we had with NFU didnt cover engine breakdowns. Must admit didnt ever find it rough in lower gears just like a car really. Since w/e we have heard of another 6 out of a fleet of 10 that had major problems but they were luckily still in warranty.

my nissan is tsill going strong it has got 44.5k on on it now .

i know a chap how had 4 L200's and they have all been replaced by nav's he had 2 clutches 3 engins 1 gear box and 6 head gaskets on his L200'S while he had them the oldest one was 03.

and for off road tyres cooper st discoveres are the best out there 60/40s grip to the road really well. the dulers i had on before done 36 k bad on the road and bad off road.

I just had fitted some Cooper ATR discoverer on the Navara and I can't fault them, they grip like shit to a blanket and ideal for towing broken down Landy's :whistling:, the Hill Billy landy's do get a quick glimpse of them normally when I'm passing them on the bypass 8P ....