another thing i,ve found is that if you make your own bandsets / tubesets then no 2 are exactly the same [ or maybe i,m not very good at making then]

so with each new set that you fit i find they fire very slightly differently.maybe not much but there is a very slight difference.

with this in mind to get accurate with a bandset you really need it to last as long as possible to allow for many practice shots.

and here,s the thing

i find that heavily tapered theraband sets are most efficient , by this i mean they produce the fastest speeds for the least draw weight but by the time that i have got used to a new set they have nearly broken.

so although not as efficient and with a stronger draw some of the dankung tubes can be a better bet for getting better accuracy because they last longer and allow the user to get used to that particular bandset.

i,m not saying the dankung tubes are more accurate than theraband , in fact i think theraband is more accurate because of less recoil , its just that you can practice more with dankung tubes before they break.

a compromise is by making a tapered dankung bandset.

this is a little fiddly and time consuming because it involves using a loop of 1745 and 1842 on each side of the set but you may think its worth the effort because of the time this type of bandset lasts allowing you to get accurate with them and the power it produces.

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This?  

That's good going, had a few young rabbits recently for work but hardly had time to do anything hence putting the range in the workshop as that's where i spend all my time at the moment! I find phases

I'm surprised so few people have replied to this   So far we have;   Me - 3" target at 10 yards 75% of the time   Youcanthide - 3" target at 10 yards 99% of the time   BPR / scheme sport - I