First Day With Mentor...

Gaz_1989

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It happens to all of us I got nailed in the face gong in to ring the 2 young harris hawks I pulled out yesterday. She left the nest and went behind me as I turned to see where she had gone she hit me

Just going out with my mentor this season mate. I will get my own bird about this time next year if I'm ready!

Well done gaz see u gt there in the end! Your doing it the right way!! See u learning the knot lol one handed eyes shut and a pint glass of water in there other don't spill lol Atb lorne

practice doing it with one hand and 2 knots are far safer than one especially with a harris that will pick at it lol

I use the lasso knot onto a carabiner, clip it onto the perch ring then falconers knot on top so theres no chance of the knot coming of the clip,

then when i pick the bird up to go out i just unclip the carabiner onto the glove d ring and im off

So the carabiner stays with the bird at all times?

Except when you swap mews jesses to flying jesses of course.

Yep makes thing easy

Any reason why you use a carabiner as opposed to something like this...

A988130E-B859-4C6B-B8A4-55572B76F3AC-622

Wouldn't the swivel be beneficial?

because where the leash sits on the carabiner its right at the bottom and wont budge wheras with that its free to slide up and down the d ring,

you have a swivel from the jesses anyway to stop tangling so another swivel isnt needed

Got you :thumbs:

because where the leash sits on the carabiner its right at the bottom and wont budge wheras with that its free to slide up and down the d ring,

you have a swivel from the jesses anyway to stop tangling so another swivel isnt needed

invest in a scissor clip aswell mate to fasten to your glove.ill show you mine next time your down.i use it for when i have the birds leash tied to the ring on the glove i also fastened the scissor clip to the swivel on the Jesses just as a secondary safety measure as a bird flying off with all its equipment and leash on wont last to long.

invest in a scissor clip aswell mate to fasten to your glove.ill show you mine next time your down.i use it for when i have the birds leash tied to the ring on the glove i also fastened the scissor clip to the swivel on the Jesses just as a secondary safety measure as a bird flying off with all its equipment and leash on wont last to long.

Ive got one, invaluable when you need the bird in quick, back to glove jesses on scissor clip attatched, quicker than fannying around with leash and falconers knots

Ive got one, invaluable when you need the bird in quick, back to glove jesses on scissor clip attatched, quicker than fannying around with leash and falconers knots

grovsey off this site told me to get one as a safety measure and im glad i took his advice as like you say there invaluable

grovsey off this site told me to get one as a safety measure and im glad i took his advice as like you say there invaluable

my mentor gave me mine the day i got my bird ha told me to put it on and never take it off as the day i do will be the day in need it ha

my mentor gave me mine the day i got my bird ha told me to put it on and never take it off as the day i do will be the day in need it ha

mines fastened to my glove lol

So have you got a bird then or did you have one, some posts made me think you have then others you havent at the minute

So have you got a bird then or did you have one, some posts made me think you have then others you havent at the minute

not at the minute mate but still have all the equipment.soon as i feel i have the tiome and the game to put into another pob ill be getting one.