GERMAN SHEPHARD X GREYHOUND PUPPIES

WHILST I HAVE NEVER SEEN A FIRST CROSS WORK , A MATE OF MINE HAD A GSD/GREY X BULL/GREY ABOUT 15 YEAR AGO . AT FIRST YOU WOULD THINK WHAT AN UGLY SOUNDING CROSS BUT THIS ONE WAS A REAL LOOKER. STRONG YES , BUT NOT CLODY, MAYBEE HE WAS LUKY.

THIS DOG WAS ALSO A GREAT WORKER I WITNESSED IT PUT 25 LAMPED BUNS 1 FOX AND A FALLOW IN THE BAG ONE NIGHT , YES A REAL NICE TOOL IT WAS :yes: TOMO

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with skycats post, they CAN be very easy to train, the black dog has VERY high drives and although some training was very easy some exercises would have benefitted from owning a whip and chair :D They are definately a breed thats needs to be occupied. I don't have room for kennels full of dogs and I have always wanted a bull cross so next year thats what i'm getting. Hopefully things will change and I will be able to put the black dog over a greyhound one day, hes 8 so there is still time. He has an excellent hip score, drive, excellent temperament, has sired working shepherds that compete in sport/service and even a bitch that herds cattle on a farm, he has also proved himself in the competition field

Good luck with the pups :thumbs:

P.S. They do have big ears don't they :yes:

post-1118-1185358750_thumb.jpg

post-1118-1185358780_thumb.jpg

What a lovely litter. And simoman love your pair of GSD's. We are on our 2nd GSD a very sharp bitch with a high prey drive. She is convinced shes a Gundog, i think i may even take her beating this year. Very easy to train but not very tolerant if i make mistakes in training! Her lines are German Seiger and guess thats why she is so motivated to work.Used our orphan labs for stock braeking all the dogs seems to work well. Always wondered what a GSD X Greyhound would be like. Good luck with them.

IMO, they should be just as bright, if not brighter than the Collie hybrids, and probably a little faster, the GSD being taller and all...but i think they will have added prey drive and be more 'gritty' than your averafe collie cross...should have mint noses...i think i would start with a good half bred, and then maybe add a Deerhound X greyhound, or maybe a 3/4 Greyhound 1/4 Bull...i think that cross would be interesting and worth while...might tone those ears down a little as well!..lol.

Kye..

Guest world.hunters

nice pups and pics

i have always been intrested in this breeding since day 1 but would much prefer 3/4 cross. my GSD has a very high prey drive has even caught a couple rabbits her self. shes an top working and she loves it, i used to take her out with my harris hawk aswell.

somethink that i was inpressed, when i went down coast for a week and took her with me. we were out mooching every day, i used to sit down and watch her and once she went to a small bush standing above it and stamped on it a few times waiting for somethink to bolt. it was very impressive, but shes getting on abit now she is 7-8, i would of loved to breed from her but as im still at home and with her age aswell that has never been an option.

i think this breeding will shine in the future and hope to have one my self when i have a place of my own etc.

cheers

W.H

heres a few pics of my bitch

we got her from a farm where the twat used to beat her to try and make her agressive but it didnt work, she was very timid when we first had her but she has now become a very good gard dog and very protective over me and her territory.

9.jpg

7.jpg

10.jpg

18.jpg