Twink Mkii & Weihrauch Hw 100 Silencer

I just thought I would take both silencer's apart today and compare the internals.

The two Silencers are Twink MKII made by A & M Custom Gunsmith and the Weihrauch hw 100 silencer.

The Twink is shorter but slightly heavier on my old kitchen scales that might not be too accurate

the Weihrauch hw 100 silencer is 4 oz (113.398 grams) where the Twink MKII is 6.5 oz (184.272 grams)

The Twink has a thicker diameter body but feels nice and robust on the rifle and well balanced.

The internal components !

Yes the Weihrauch silencers work well but they have not exactly pushed the boat out with materials in there !

With the Weihrauch you get a silencer tube and a screw off end cap that can be losened / tightened with a allen key.

In between the filling is basically 2 and a half of my grannys hair rollers and some thin cotton that wraps around the hair rollers they are seperated by 2 flat metal washers.

The Twink MKII once againa silencer tube and a screw off end cap that can be easily removed by hand.

In between the filling is 3 Alloy based baffles that is based on the same idea as the hair rollers in the Weihrauch silencer but at least this time it looks like someone has made the effort to use some decent material for the internal components.

These are wrapped in a far better quality felt based fabric that is thicker and wraps further around the baffles thn the Weihrauch model, seperating the "baffle packs" is quite substantial washers that I suspect to be made from graphited nylon / delrin.

I can honestly say that the The Twink MKII silencer is in no way a dissapointment and overall I am pleased with the purchase price, build quality and performance.

Here is some photos I have taken below that shows an exploded view of both silencers.

Thanks Steve

Sorry for the image quality I took these with a little pocket camera in poor light but I think you should see the components on both moderators.

Moderator2.jpg

Moderator1.jpg

Nice write up, I'm glad you're happy but the question is, can you tell the difference in sound 30 yards away?

ATB

I will be honest mate I have not tried it at distance only at close range through a chrono ( In Daryl's house ) and at that time the Twink MKII sounded better to me.

I will post again once this snow goes and I can get out in the fields.

Thanks mate

Steve

Nice write up, I'm glad you're happy but the question is, can you tell the difference in sound 30 yards away?

ATB

I will be honest mate I have not tried it at distance only at close range through a chrono ( In Daryl's house ) and at that time the Twink MKII sounded better to me.

Thanks mate

Steve

No worries Steve, I'm sure its a good bit of kit. If I wasn't selling my HW100KT I'd be tempted by the A&M cylinder :thumbs:

ATB

Thanks mate

Steve

No worries Steve, I'm sure its a good bit of kit. If I wasn't selling my HW100KT I'd be tempted by the A&M cylinder :thumbs:

Hey mate don't sell it man..they are worth keeping and you know it.

The A & M Cylinder is spot on mate...

Blew it up to 200 last night let it lie till just before about 24 hours and it has not dropped a bit of pressure.

Shame I have to let the ba**ard air out of it to get at my barrel grub screw cos my barrel has decided to turn when putting my silencer back on...LOL

You will regret selling it mate ! You know I am right.

Steve

You're right Steve but the .17HMR that I buy with the funds will help me get over it and if I need sub 12ft/lb the HW77K will have an outing :thumbs:

Best of luck mate. I just think its a shame, as I love the 100 now I have had all the mods done that I feel I need.

They are the dogs bo**ocks in the PCP world.

Thanks mate.

I personally think the battle for the quietest Moderator was won by Weihrauch with its HW.

Instead Gun manufacturers should by trying to improve the size and weight of future models and ease of use.

Just my opinion. :thumbs:

You might be right mate and you have a very valid point.

I have been through all this for many a year with the rimfire moderators.

They all said the next silencer was better than the other and like you I had my opinion and sort of stuck by it and personally

I always did well at what I did ( rabbit control using the .22 CZ452 ) and never fell into the trap of "the more you spend the better it is".

I am now making the move after years of using a rimfire to begin with a sub 12ft/lb .177 and I believe I will be able to do the job just as good,

Well that's my objective so once I get going I should have yet another DVD out but this time I will be using my air rifle.

Thanks mate

Steve

I personally think the battle for the quietest Moderator was won by Weihrauch with its HW.

Instead Gun manufacturers should by trying to improve the size and weight of future models and ease of use.

Just my opinion. :thumbs:

You might be right mate and you have a very valid point.

I have been through all this for many a year with the rimfire moderators.

They all said the next silencer was better than the other and like you I had my opinion and sort of stuck by it and personally

I always did well at what I did ( rabbit control using the .22 CZ452 ) and never fell into the trap of "the more you spend the better it is".

I am now making the move after years of using a rimfire to begin with a sub 12ft/lb .177 and I believe I will be able to do the job just as good,

Well that's my objective so once I get going I should have yet another DVD out but this time I will be using my air rifle.

Thanks mate

Steve

Really, you're moving from rimfire to air power? Sorry Steve, are you the same Steve with the excellent Fieldsports channel on YouTube?

I've also heard the arguments regarding Rimfire Mod's.

I actually tried out a .22 HW Mod on my CZ 452 Rimfire not so long ago and the results were astounding !

From 30 feet away using sub sonics you wouldn't know the Rifle had been fired.

LOL I know. :yes: