Posted Image

#47 jonnie

jonnie

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:52 am

I'm now going through grief from the missus to sell the Nav and get a Freelander TD4 http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub..., she reckons she hates going shopping in it, hates parking it as its too long for most spaces, and last night she told me someone called her a Butch Lesbo in the Aldi Carpark http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub..., not a bad idea that? she could bring her pal home with her then http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub....

Reading up on Freelanders they read like they do get a few problems expecially the pre 2000 models, does anyone else rate them or hate them??

Cheers

Jasper

The lad that looked after my 4trak and now my trooper sais the freelander engines are just bored out Maestro units.always got a re- build in workshop. leave it alone mate.good for shoppin nowt else.

#48 Stabs

Stabs

• 5,557 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:39 am

Just been looking around for a new 4x4 and it was a toss up between the Nissan Patrol, Cruiser, Rangey or the Disco.....ended up buying the Disco today. It's what I'm used to and this one is a nice lump. It's a 3.9 V8 and it's mint.....it won't be for long though :D

#49 navman

navman

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:14 am

what 4x4 ? i'v had a few, startin with land rovers, too expensive for what they are, probably better off road than most but its a balance, i'm not always off road only on the odd ocasion, gone japanese in last few years, wont go back, reliability is the key word !
i have got the d40 new model navara now with a hard top on for dogs, its fab, best truck i have owned, take some beating.comfortable, stylish, rugged and very practical. no smells in car from dogs/wet gear is the best part, swill back out with hose when needed !
no 4x4 are cheap to run, i get over 30mpg which is good for size of truck, service intervals 18000 miles or 18 months, still got a few months to go !
couldnt recomend a better bus ! :D

#50 Strong Stuff

Strong Stuff

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 6,429 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:19 am

Just been looking around for a new 4x4 and it was a toss up between the Nissan Patrol, Cruiser, Rangey or the Disco.....ended up buying the Disco today. It's what I'm used to and this one is a nice lump. It's a 3.9 V8 and it's mint.....it won't be for long though http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

:laugh:

Good choice mate!

What year is it? How much is fuel where you are? If you can get it there, try Super Unleaded in it (not "innit" don't ban me! :angel: ) Have been using Super in mine for a few weeks now and it definitely runs smoother and picks up quicker on it.

Likes a drink of oil too though ........... about a litre every 1000 miles ............ :icon_eek: Deffo no leaks and the emissions are ok too, seems the V8 just likes to burn oil!!!

#51 Stabs

Stabs

• 5,557 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 02:01 pm

It's a 95 ES model. Top of the range, all leather and all that shite.......good enough for a dog wagon :thumbs:

#52 chartpolski

chartpolski

Extreme Hunter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:54 pm

It's a 95 ES model. Top of the range, all leather and all that shite.......good enough for a dog wagon http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

Thought you would be after a "ute", mate, with a pig rack and dog cage !!!! :D
Cheers.

#53 Stabs

Stabs

• 5,557 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:51 pm

:

#54 Simoman

Simoman

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 16,539 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 01:18 pm

Get some more photos up stabs :thumbs:

#55 Stabs

Stabs

• 5,557 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 01:30 pm

m

Attached Files

#56 Simoman

Simoman

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 16,539 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 01:38 pm

:tongue4: :thumbs:

#57 highlander

highlander

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 485 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:02 pm

Well I have had my new truck for two months now its a Ford Ranger. XLT 2.5td Double cab pickup. Aint had it offroad yet but its a cracking truck loads of torque pulls trailers well. Dogs are in the back out of my airspace when they fart and are dirty. Just got to get my tyres fitted and lamp in the roof and winch fitted to the front.

Put in a few pics of them.

Regards highlander.

Attached Files

Edited by highlander, 30 July 2007 - 12:03 pm.

#58 marko

marko

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 872 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:24 pm

i have a freelander td4 2001 with the beamer engine for f***s sake dont any one buy one what a pile of shite its in on monday to get the slave cylinder done on hydraulics the bas***d is in the bell housing in the gearbox so out it comes and while u are in there a new clutch aswell ,price all in 450 quid steer well away plus the parts are all rover need i say more.

#59 mussells

mussells

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:01 pm

does eveything even pulled a few birds :yes: Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users