mutation bullies

cheers moss didnt think there was as many mutations are they all sib bullies an if they are have you crossed then with the natives or muled them , looking at yours what i was told was a cinnimon is what your calling a brown i had a pastel cock aswell. lovely birds your a luckyman :thumbs:

Thanks the white belong my friend in Belgium I had one white/pied male yes brown is the correct term for cinnamon I have pastels also but photo bucket was playing up last nite the revised also

Yellow

yellow brown pastel

Topaz

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Anything from as low as £40 a bird for normals up to a grand a bird for the white ones,the mutations are lovely birds in there own right and i have mutation birds myself(greenies and redpolls)but imo nothing beats a normal coloured native of any sort.All cracking birds though Moss :victory: .

• Like 2

Moss they are stunners. I can never keep them alive. How often do you use sulphur drugs with your birds? I've heard the belgians have a low dose of sulphur drug ii their drinking water all the time.

I know it's frowned upon but if it keeps them alive I wouls be willing to try it.

prices vary depending on were they are from i source my birds or new blood from world champion stock only because i believe you are better with one pair of good birds than 2 pair of crap,normal birds like the goldfinchs are a little expensive now for the same reason most are breeding mutation.

a guideline

normals £150

cinnamon £200

pastel £200

brownpastel £250

whites £1000

yellow £1200

topaz £250

all above are pairs and only a guide this year i have sold my pastels at £225 this was for normal male split brownpastel x pastel females

bezza

were do you keep them over winter as just like goldfinchs they can rtolerate the cold but hate our damp conditions and these dampness is a good breeding ground for cocci,i treat when they first leave the nest then every 4 weeks till they moult so around 3 times a year thats it then only when ill there are many good medications like esb,baycox,coxi-plus.

many people say the belgiums dope there birds this is not true i have visited belgium every year for last 15 years and have many friends and they use minium medication some use none,buying from dealers is were they are drugged up but you must remember this is a business to them and they need to keep losses to a minium its best to buy from a breeder there will be many at this years world show in belgium

regards

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...