WEIHRAUCH HW77 in a new stock design.

Probably no different John. Hold sensitivity is more a matter for our contact on the rifle, how it takes to our handling of it and how well, or not, we control and manage the amount of inherent recoil each and every individual rifle produces. There's bound to be some sensitivity, mind.

I was just curious as a friend of mine, who's opinion I value, said that the HW97K was more hold sensitive than either his HW77K or TX200. The new stock design is not dissimilar from the HW97, having said that, the changes to the barrel etc may have altered the resonance and as you say each individual rifle will have it's own unique character.

I must say I'm more than happy with the classical line of the traditional HW77 stock and in particular, the neutral buttstock and wrist I have on mine. I love it for the fact that it is purely neutral and has no left or right cheekpiece on the comb.

I think my rifle is the later model with a definite right bias to the cheekpiece but I love the classical lines and it balances superbly between the hands.

HW77K_AS.jpg

It's changed a little from the image, now fitted with lower mount and set back trigger.

I guess the only way to know how the new design handles and shoots is to get hold of one and test it.

Absolutely, there's no substitute for practical experience

Best wishes John for you and your own HW77K.

Simon

Thanks Simon,

ATB,

John

Thanks for posting this John ;) That beech version looks very well indeed. A real practical yet really stylish looking rifle.

My HW77 is almost exactly like yours John but the cheekpiece is completely removed. It looks as beautiful in the grain as yours and handles just as superbly without it, like a classic riflestock. I've had it about three years now and I love this rifle to the point of obsession.

I would love to try the new stock on a .177 HW77 full sized rifle or HW77K as a dedicated target competition rifle. Next year I'm hoping to seriously going all out to compete in the UK Spring Rifle Championships. This new stock version could well be the one to go with. :toast:

All the best.

Simon

Thanks Simon, I know what you mean by loving it to the point of obsession, it's a great rifle as standard but I've fine tuned it to my liking, The set back trigger made quite a difference to my shooting and despite buying an Accushot mount originally, which was more than acceptable, once I discovered the Sportsmatch mount was 2mm lower I just had to try one. My last rifle back in the 80's was a BSA Airsporter S, fine rifle, but the HW77 is in another league IMHO.

Best of luck with the competition next year if you decide to enter, but by all accounts you probably won't need it :thumbs:

ATB,

John

• Like 1

Hi there. I've seen the new stock design on the website but doesn't look like they're in the shops yet. Much prefer it to the 97 stocks....

Just bought a HW80. Wish they'd do something about the stocks on them though lol. I liked the 95K lux stock but wanted an 80. Custom Stocks of Shefield here I come :)

Nightmare,, I have been fancying the 97kt in stainless, but that 77 in laminate looks amazing,,

Will have one of them soon though,, fancy another springer,

although it will have to wait a wee bit as I have just bought a Tikka M595 laminate stainless in .222 Yay!!