Terrible news..

my sister just emailed me and told me that a baby was killed by a dog in leeds in the past one or two days. Apparently it had been on the news, well, i knew the lass who's baby was kkilled, she was a good friend of our family when we were growing up.......terrible news.... :(

Guest roundhead

i think its unimportant what breed the dog was, although if its a bull breed i suppose the press will jump on it, the important thing is a child has lost its life and a family is in mourning through something that should never happen.

its my sister that was very close ....but i cannot say i have seen the poor lass for a couple of years.....its weird, it still feels terrible when something like this happens to someone you know (knew)......no doubt the press will use this to attack the bull breeds....

how very very sad, i am truly sorry for your family friends loss, i feel i have been lax with my son and our 'house' dog , you trust them so implicitly it becomes almost impossible that they would do such a thing but they are animals after all...it is easy to forget this.....

Guest LEARNER

its the nightmare off nightmares, true the bulldog breed will get a bad press over this disaster, and truer still any breed of dog , can have a bad un, but the the differance with lets say a yorkie terrier ,and a american bulldog, one a good slap ,can stop it, the other, its a fight to the death, i do not believe any breed of dog ,should be banned ,for 1 or 2 isolated attacks, if that was so ,then all dogs should have been banned by now, and my heart go,s out to the parents coping with this tragedy, and perhaps in indsight we can all say this and that, but it seems to me ,certain breeds off dog ,tho having sound temprement, do not fit in a normal family circle, some are definitly , as i would put it, ONE MAN DOGS.