Best Round For Sika

i have used the .270 for all deer, pigs and also a bull strangely enough and as a one cartridge fits all its possibly one of the best out there bullet selection is paramount i have shot sika with this and dropped them on the spot but i have also had them run on and on inspection heart has been nothing but jelly and blood shot placement is key if you want to drop them on the spot. i personnally go for the boiler room and have the dog with me for follow ups

i've used 30.06 and 243, both will drop them if you hit the right spot. yes they may run on, but i've seen fallow run on too. i dont shoot deer unless i have a dog with me these days.........

Having shot a few sika I would recommend the -270

I have shot them with smaller rounds but the 270 killed em' deader lol.

I would have preferred to have had my trusty 30-06 ( m98) on the trip but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Waidmannsheil!!!

Hi Guys

I have a .243 T3 and have the oppertunity to shoot sika deer. I have never shot them before and was just wondering what round you could recommend? I did think about buying a 308 for the job as i have herd they are a very tough breed.

I only usually shoot roe and fallow.

243 100grain treat like fallow..neck or rib.308 overkill its all about bullet placement not power heavier calibre more damage if ribbin.