Hindhunting

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Leveller_*

Guest_Leveller_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2004 - 08:03 pm

I had a job that I couldn't do today and found myself with some time on my hands. I thought I'd give Charlie a rest today and go in search of something a bit bigger :icon_eek: . So I checked the meet card Larkbarrow Corner at 1100 so off we went.
Posted Image
Unfortunately I missed the meet and didn't get there until around 1115 and the fog was so thick nobody really knew where the hounds had gone :( .
Posted Image
I still managed to get stung for my cap though even when I joked that I wouldn't pay until the fog lifted :) :D .
Posted Image
All that was left to do was to drive around and try and find some sign of them :lol: . The trouble with hindhunting is that they aren't harboured so it is very much a guessing game as to where to position yourself for a good view. I was reliably informed that they were on there way out to Manor Allotment so that was where I was headed but the bloody fog was so thick it made it impossible to see anything :( . I didn't catch up with any sign of them until about 1400 when I was informed by a mate that they were just seen heading towards Weir Water in Doone Valley, great I've just come from there :rolleyes: .I was on the verge of giving up and heading towards Horner to catch up with The Minehead Harriers. Until I stopped up on the top and managed to see something right off in the distance it looked good when using the binos' anyway :D :D .
Posted Image
So at least I had something to follow now. On to the next spot the kids enjoyed looking at all " The presents " that were walking around :D :P
Posted Image
and the original off roader B)
Posted Image
Just so you can get a feel of the general view of our goverment on the moor right now :angry: :angry: :angry:
Posted Image
This was as close as I got to any hounds today you can see a lone hound in the back of the Landy which got lost and rescued by the hunt staff :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Guest_Leveller_*

Guest_Leveller_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2004 - 08:03 pm

It wasn't the best days hunting I've enjoyed, but ask anyone whos visited our moor and it's enough on it's own
Good night Master
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Guest_diesel_*

Guest_diesel_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2004 - 10:05 pm

sounds like u had a decent mooch about.... its better than been stuck at home...

#4 Gin

Gin

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 10:02 am

Real good post, and pics Leveller.

#5 FOXHUNTER

FOXHUNTER

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 11:34 am

Fantastic post.You obviously live in a beautiful part of our country.........

#6 Guest_snatch flcc_*

Guest_snatch flcc_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2004 - 06:24 pm

great post leveller! :D :good: :good:

#7 Guest_Leveller_*

Guest_Leveller_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2004 - 10:27 pm

Fantastic post.You obviously live in a beautiful part of our country.........

South Wales looked brighter that morning though :D :good: bloody fog :good:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users