FAC air rifle to .22 rimfire

Im in the process of trying to sort out changing my fac from air rifle to .22 rimfire.

Do I have to fill out the form all again i,e do I need refs again etc?

And I was told that as its one gun off and one gun on then it shouldnt cost me?

Any one done this and able to give some advice?

Many thanks,

Hilly (Mark).

P.S I have had both my Shotgun and Fac since Nov last year and have got loads of land and plenty of Rabbit, Fox etc to clear.

I also have a letter off a guy I go out with and shot his .22 with and it tells the Fao how he has shown me safety etc.

Edited by hilly

If you are asking for a like for like or it can be called a one for one that fine at no cost but why not put in for a variation and ask for a .22lr or a .17 Hmr or both, she can only say no.

Have a read here http://www.cambs.police.uk/firearms/forms.asp and here if the form with the price guide http://www.cambs-pa.gov.uk/user_files/meeting/meeting355/F&R%2020.01.09%20item%208%20appendix%202.pdf

Good luck and hope all goes well for you :thumbs:

I would ask for a .22 lr and a .17hmr and a .223 depending on your Police forces views on .17 for fox. All you need to have is "good cause" with the land you have it should be a forgone conclusion as long as the land is passed for those calibers thumbs.gif

Forms filled in tonight and got letters off land owners to say I can shoot any rifle I can get.

The land owners both have Shottys and .22 Rimmys so I know the land is passed. Lets hope it all works this time.

Mark.