my pups are on the way

my young pups have started there life as pig dogs while they didn't find this young sow they jumped straight in and had a go, we usally release the sows but this on had to be removed due to her domestic blood. still proud of the wee nippers,6mths old next week.

willow020.jpg

yeah they went straight in stabs got tossed off a few times then laid down a steady bail which is want i prefer. the domestic blood does give the ferel stuff a bit more size but not much more we don't know where this coloured sow came from but she was throwback the pups found a nest of piglets tonite that where the same colour so we must have a boar running around the same colour, saw a blue boar the other day that would have gone 250lbs so hopefully he jumps a few sows before my 3006 meets him :hunter:

Guest boney the dog
what mix/cross are your dogs ??? and more pic's please  :clapper:

boxer x lab first cross. yeah i'll post up some soon as i get some fresh ones but hard to get good shots in the bush but i'll give it a go.

Boxerxlabs thats unheard of where i live is that apopular cross for that sort of thing in new zealand and why ,very interesting <_<

well thats what boxers were orgionally bred for in 1890.....boar hunting & bull/bear baiting in Germany they where called bullenbiser or bernbisser.

I had a dog boxer ( 70lb) for 11yrs from 8 weeks old.I had him trained to hand & voice commands he would take down rabbits & foxes in the grave yard & parks no bother. His back discs gave way last Aug & he was put to sleep.

I wanted a bullcross but the misses went to boxer rescue & got a 4yr old boxer last Oct....i have had my work cut out with him. He is a lean 75lb now but really agressive to any other animal.....I cant let him off the lead or near the ferrets or hawk.I have seen him toss much bigger dogs over when they have come charging in at him while he is on bis lead. :guitar:

yeah it's an old and simple cross, give ya the guts and hunting drive of the lab and the fitness and natural holding power of the boxer. both the lab and the boxer have the right kind of prey drive i like in a pigdog, i have a pure boxer that loves hunting anything if given the chance, they are not the sharpest tool in the shed, however i bet even the dumbest boxer would have ago at a bailed pig it's so natural for them.

well thats what boxers were orgionally bred for in 1890.....boar hunting & bull/bear baiting in Germany they where called bullenbiser or bernbisser.

I had a dog boxer ( 70lb) for 11yrs from 8 weeks old.I had him trained to hand & voice commands he would take down rabbits & foxes in the grave yard & parks no bother. His back discs gave way last Aug & he was put to sleep.

I wanted a bullcross but the misses went to boxer rescue & got a 4yr old boxer last Oct....i have had my work cut out with him. He is a lean 75lb now but really agressive to any other animal.....I cant let him off the lead or near the ferrets or hawk.I have seen him toss much bigger dogs over when they have come charging in at him while he is on bis lead. :guitar:

bullenbeisers.jpg

went for a quick walk tonite {abs,lions test tomm so not huntin sat} pissing down with rain but plenty of pigs out eating worms and rooting up a storm, seen a good mob of fallow and dogs/pups caught a 60lb boar which they chased for ten mins then held him in a bloody big mud hole. got him on video clip so how do ya post them up, easy than taking stills my camera's as slow as a lions winger :11: piginahole005.jpg

why don't you guys let a few tame pig sows go with ya wid boar to give them a helping hand. duroc sows are the best as they don't throw patchy piglets and are great mothers.