• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I give it about a week and a half also i was advised and after seeing it for myself i do leave any clear eggs in the nest for the chicks that do hatch to lean on and help support themselves on when reaching to be fed and i take them out after i think the chicks don't need them.

I give it about a week and a half also i was advised and after seeing it for myself i do leave any clear eggs in the nest for the chicks that do hatch to lean on and help support themselves on when reaching to be fed and i take them out after i think the chicks don't need them.

yip same way pigeons mate, single youngsters in a nest got a higher risk a havin a gammy leg :thumbs:

did,nt you were into pigeons dotty ,i use a potegg if 1 of the eggs are duds 2 stop them getting spread leg ,what type of pigeons you keep,i keep rollers ,tipplers,and limerk tumblers ,and help my mate with the racers

No mate i've been lucky but not every egg has hatched so he may well have poked a hole in one in the past allthough i do candle all my eggs and check them over and i haven't found one with anything wrong with it except it being clear,i don't think i'd risk it with any other goldie cock as like i say mate i've been lucky :thumbs: .

i was told goldies are bad for it if left with hen when muleing ,i had no probs but i never caught goldie treading or near nest :thumbs:

i bort a cock n hen a few weeks back for in the house , ive put a nest pan in and she sitting on 7 eggs, didnt know they had that many,been sitting over a week now,and the cock is feeding the hen all the time,plus both birds are sitting on nest at the same time, couple ov pics

dsc01063pl.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://

are they def pair mate,is it poss they two hens ?

Decided to sit and watch for longer today, and i have identified 'Daddy' :D Watched as he stood on the edge of the nest pan, did not appear to feed the chicks, but when the hen came and sat on them, he fed her.

She is a Gloster corona and he is a small bird mainly yellow with a greeny/brown patch on his back.

Also have a really cute yellow Border type (husband still unknown) And a Gloster consort hen (Husband unknown) both sitting.

The possible fathers are either... Yellow border, Corona Gloster or a red factor.

Cannot wait to see what they turn out like :boogie:

any pics a yer glosters moll :thumbs:

I can get you some but they look a bit silly, i cut their helmets you see, as they are not very good at flying in the aviary otherwise :thumbs:

Found an older photo of the cocky bird, with his hair cut :icon_redface: ...

post-57301-0-22358200-1304629769_thumb.jpg

i bort a cock n hen a few weeks back for in the house , ive put a nest pan in and she sitting on 7 eggs, didnt know they had that many,been sitting over a week now,and the cock is feeding the hen all the time,plus both birds are sitting on nest at the same time, couple ov pics

dsc01063pl.jpg

think they mite be 2 hens meself,the black n yellow one feeds the other one,guy said they wer a pair

dsc01063pl.jpg

think they mite be 2 hens meself,the black n yellow one feeds the other one,guy said they wer a pair

Get yourself another nest pan and a cock bird and find out mate :thumbs: