Long time coming

Fletcher

Its been 16 days since his last kill, we've out at least 10 times in that period although the weather conditions havn't been great. He's been hitting rabbits everyday but for some reason not holding, his weight has been normal. Then today the sun was shining and there was a slight breeze, perfect flying conditions, well he was like a different bird, he hit a couple of rabbits but couldn't hold, I thought here we go again. Then he took off on a 200 metre flight after a running rabbit, he finished it in cover, by the time I got he was holding it by the back leg. One rabbit, one big feed up, and home. The forcast is good this week so hoping thats us back on track.

PC170004.jpg

PC170001.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers chaps he's had a couple since, but also a couple blank days. One of those days I went to a new area of my permission there loads of rabbits sitting out in the open well within range but he just ignored them, yet he'd go crashing into cover for rabbits. Whats that all about?

nice one fletch,

when i took my male out in the day he would only go for close range rabbits and feather game,,

i take him out lamping now and he will chase rabbits a whole field away strange, but now i see his fittness getting better and he will go for long slips, ,, and as for nailing the arse end of the rabbits, my male use to do the same but after about 7 rabbit he nails the head everytime now...

am off out again in a bit,, see might get some pics up later,,, cheers

Went out at first light this morning, the bird was bang on at 618g. I decided to approach my hunting ground from a different direction today and it paid off, after a couple of minutes, the bird was off on a fast 50m down hill flight after a rabbit, it jinxed right and was heading for cover, the accelerated and took the rabbit on the arse as it entered the gorse.

PC230001.jpg

Here he is looking for more action with his newly coped beak.

PC230004.jpg

A while later he went off on a high ringing flight, dropping like a stone on to his second rabbit of the day in cover again.

PC230005.jpg

On the way back to the car he took a pheasant but after a battle he had to let it go for another day. :drink:

Merry Christmas.