Diary of a hunter

Its a great bed time read :D

I read it and found it very captivating, but i wonderd if it was all true, or some made up. :hmm:

Dont know the guy, never met him, so cant comment on the poor fella, but the book is good. ;)

Frank.

Guest oldskool

alot of it was probably made up crap, i dont see how he found time to do all that he said he did?? not only was he a pro boxer (an activity that can take up half a life time) who also trained pro boxers when he finished but he was also a multiple linguist, as well as a spell in the army (i think?).... how do you fit that all in? especially when your pumpin out about 2 books a year plus writing for shooting times etc

whether it was crap or not, every time i read his books i wish i could live like he said he did... :)... every natural hunter has a wee thing in them that wants to have no ties and live off the land like nature intended IMO!!!

"Diary of a bullshitter" is more apt, ive read most of his books when i was younger and more naive, but ive got to say in all fairness the fell terrier and the complete Jack Russell Terrier and not forgeting the first half of tales of rat hunting man are some of my favorites, the rest are mostly fantasy,if you really want to read utter shite anything by S Frain really :yes:

Guest deerman

Went to his place in caithness in 89 with Tom Riely ,He was breeding white german shepards then,Dogs every where ,never worked any of them .The bloke was a bullshitter, All the storys in the books are what other people did and storys he was told.

Went to his place in caithness in 89 with Tom Riely ,He was breeding white german shepards then,Dogs every where ,never worked any of them .The bloke was a bullshitter, All the storys in the books are what other people did and storys he was told.

well said thats the diffrence between dog breeders and guys who breed for replacements etc or to better there stock as i said met him at the fiasco in the forum a bum met him at scone palace 95 had a few dogs with me one was luke bred by d slieght, he asked were i got them i told him his words ill bury him for not confirming with him about dogs , a nasty old strange guy , but a story teller that feched the old traditional breeds of dogs