Is anyone a member of NOBS? Do they find it any good and do you get much chance to beat or pick up?

Thinking about joining to meet people with a similar interest.

Hope this is in the right place.

Thanks

Alex

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm a member and get plenty of beating oppoptunities passed in my direction and for £5 a year £20 with insurance it is well worth it, if you go along to a local game fair hey maybe there and you can have a chat with them see what is going on in your area.

cheers

tom

thats a little harsh!!! being as tho they don't employ anyone and we all do are bit volunteraly what are they going to do with all the money they grab?? if you would like a hand with finding some beating or picking up then they are well worth the £5 in my opinion. we got many new and returning beaters out last season.

thats a little harsh!!! being as tho they don't employ anyone and we all do are bit volunteraly what are they going to do with all the money they grab?? if you would like a hand with finding some beating or picking up then they are well worth the £5 in my opinion. we got many new and returning beaters out last season.

not harsh at all.ther,s more folk say they paid there£5 and heard nothing than ones who found beating/picking up.better of joining www.pubs.myfunforun.org.its free and is internet based not waiting for some none existing person to pass on openings.when nobs was started by scott andmark the idea was brilliant then others got there fingers in and it went down hill fast.

not harsh at all.ther,s more folk say they paid there£5 and heard nothing than ones who found beating/picking up.better of joining www.pubs.myfunforun.org.its free and is internet based not waiting for some none existing person to pass on openings.when nobs was started by scott andmark the idea was brilliant then others got there fingers in and it went down hill fast.

Tom

Fact- which many dont realise- NOBS is a limited company and the people paying subs have no say in how the directors are appointed or how the organisation is run. Accounts arent published by NOBS but I have got them from Companies House- for a small fee - and they are available at getitorfyerchest.myfreeforum.org

Fact - NOBS has lost its Mitsubishi sponsorship,

Fact- NOBS made a loss of £365 last year

Fact - NOBS has spent many thousands of pounds on computer hardware and software when adequate equipment and programs can be purchased for far less- many spreadsheets to do the job are freeware!

Fact - NOBS income is £18,000 in total - that includes sales at shows, raffle tickets - their raffle was won by ticket 6,000 + but sadly the trailer was overturned in deliovery and wasnt insured but I understand it eventually reached the prizewinner unlike the overall winner and two category winners of their pic comp who NOBS lost trace of after taking forever to get the results out - and then blamed the judge!!

With such an income in total they CANNOT have the 9,500 + paid up members they claim.

Fact - NOBS was a brilliant idea but has become overburdened and overmanaged, and whilst they claim continually to be THE ONLY organisation linking shoots with people there are several more- doing it for FREE in the main.

Fact - NOBS Forum is read only for people UNTIL they pay a sub of £5 (£10 for shoots)- was this an attempt to make people pay? If so its failed.

the £5 sub to be able to post on the forum was to keep the forum friendly and for people who genuinly wanted it to be friendly and usful and like some people (not pointing any finger!!!) who just used it to be abusive and closed minded to other people opinions (ay nick)

we here in norfolk suffolk and essex put out all beating and picking up oppotunities out via email as soon as they come in and once a month in the news letter last season we didn't have a enough beaters to supply all the shoots that wanted our help in finding beaters,

so in the end it's upto you if you want to join, the £5 is made back even if you only get one invite to go beating, what is a fiver these days doesn't even get you 2 pints of beer.

these are just my thought and experiences using NoBS and having made some good friends and contacts they also run rally helpful gun dog training days they are def worth the cost.

I think the name says it all, keep your money and use it for petrol to go and find your own beating :thumbs:

i know a couple of the county and regional reps personalyt and find these genuine folk,but most of the hiararchy(spelling)are only in it for what they can get out of it not for the average person.the accounts tell you that.

the £5 sub to be able to post on the forum was to keep the forum friendly and for people who genuinly wanted it to be friendly and usful and like some people (not pointing any finger!!!) who just used it to be abusive and closed minded to other people opinions (ay nick)

we here in norfolk suffolk and essex put out all beating and picking up oppotunities out via email as soon as they come in and once a month in the news letter last season we didn't have a enough beaters to supply all the shoots that wanted our help in finding beaters,"

so in the end it's upto you if you want to join, the £5 is made back even if you only get one invite to go beating, what is a fiver these days doesn't even get you 2 pints of beer."

these are just my thought and experiences using NoBS and having made some good friends and contacts they also run rally helpful gun dog training days they are def worth the cost.

Examine the past forum posts by people and you will find that there are few abusive or closed minded posts, most of those are from people who should know better and those by Nick may be inquisitive but never abusive.

The £5 to post on and read certain sections of the Forum is just semantics, you HAVE to pay the money to NOBS ergo it is a sub to post on the their forum.

Full credit to you and your fellow NOBS in the East, but why then did NOBS have to spend so much money centrally when you have demonstrated that there is an easier and cheaper way of doing things?

This is the same excuse taken by NOBS ROs and Mods but there are many disgruntled people who have NEVER received communication or one offer from NOBS. as soon as people pay money they expect some result.

I agree that some people have made contact via NOBS, and training days are a useful contact point, but again most meets and days are organised at local level and not by NOBS office.

Edited by PuBS

I paid my £5 and went on one of the spaniel training days and my Mrs did 2 of them. They were ok and cheap even including the £5 subs.

BUT

I tried to get beating when i moved house and didnt know anyone, no reply and i also asked it they would like someone to do the RO job in my area but despite 2 emails there was no reply.

I used to have the occasional browse on the forum but noticed that the more knowledgeable people seem to have drifted away (not all of them!). From looking over a time i noticed that people have very quickly become 'internet experts' and offering advice on all sorts of things after introducing themselves a matter of months previosly as total novices. They simply parrot what they have read (some people not all people)

Good idea, done well in some local areas with good reps but overall seems to have lost its way.

(are the original founders still even there?)

OMG .. still the same old same old from bitter one man band Pubs!

If you don't like NOBS why the obsession? Unless its to line your Walter Mitty pockets.

most the stuff you write is made up, another load is lies some is what you've been set up to say by others, stooge.

:wankerzo4:

we here in norfolk suffolk and essex put out all beating and picking up oppotunities out via email as soon as they come in and once a month in the news letter last season we didn't have a enough beaters to supply all the shoots that wanted our help in finding beaters,

As I understand it as a shoot in the area you mention I would have to pay £10 for the pleasure of you not having enough beaters to send my way! :icon_eek: