hi people had my big dog out about a month ago and he went after a deer when he came back he collapsed and when he got up his back end was like jelly it was like the dog was drunk.so i lay him up for a week he was fine then i have only walked him for the last 3 weeks so i was out yesterday and the same again he went after somthing and when he came back he was all wobely again and collapsed .the dog is fit and can walk as far a i want but when he goes after somthing full pelt it seems to happen .hes not sore and after ten minits of this happening hes fine again so i dont understand it .has this happend to anybody els or anybody got any advice?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi people had my big dog out about a month ago and he went after a deer when he came back he collapsed and when he got up his back end was like jelly it was like the dog was drunk.so i lay him up for a week he was fine then i have only walked him for the last 3 weeks so i was out yesterday and the same again he went after somthing and when he came back he was all wobely again and collapsed .the dog is fit and can walk as far a i want but when he goes after somthing full pelt it seems to happen .hes not sore and after ten minits of this happening hes fine again so i dont understand it .has this happend to anybody els or anybody got any advice?

that could be blood pressure or something more serious get him to a vet in case cos you could find him dead

Get him checked out!!!!!

My dog is in the vet hospital as we speak .............. was out with him last night, too many runs (didn't seem like that at the time though).

Walking across fields back to the cars, my dog was lagging behind, kept an eye on him, next minute he starts walking really slowly and robotically, then collapsed.

If it hadn't been for the bloke I was out with helping me carry him and for the keeper who came to collect us for the last few fields I wouldn't have the dog today.

Can't believe how quickly he went down, tried giving him water, he wouldn't/couldn't swallow, took him straight to the 24 hour vet hospital near me, he was in extreme shock and wasn't far off dead.

They're keeping him in for 24 hours and see how it goes.

It's no good asking people what they "think" mate, get him checked properly and then you'll know, and be able to make a decision based on that knowledge.

Good luck.

get him to the vet no one on here can tell you whats wrong with your dog and are you sure it wasnt a rabbit it was chasing :whistling::thumbs:

Mine was! :thumbs:

Vet didn't look too amused at me and my half dead dog turning up covered in mud and stinking at 3 am, once I'd told her how my dog was a rescue and that I'd only gone rabbitting because my mates had told me that's what he's for then she softened a bit.

Get him checked out!!!!!

My dog is in the vet hospital as we speak .............. was out with him last night, too many runs (didn't seem like that at the time though).

Walking across fields back to the cars, my dog was lagging behind, kept an eye on him, next minute he starts walking really slowly and robotically, then collapsed.

If it hadn't been for the bloke I was out with helping me carry him and for the keeper who came to collect us for the last few fields I wouldn't have the dog today.

Can't believe how quickly he went down, tried giving him water, he wouldn't/couldn't swallow, took him straight to the 24 hour vet hospital near me, he was in extreme shock and wasn't far off dead.

It's no good asking people what they "think" mate, get him checked properly and then you'll know, and be able to make a decision based on that knowledge.

Good luck.

that was dehydration mate

Your saying your dog is fit and can walk for miles but walking and running after game is too diff things.Because a footballer is training does not make him match fit matchs make him mitch fit.So think your dog just needs more running and less walking tell get his fittest up bring him out lamping for few nights and get him running then 2 nights later the same but more runs and so on.

What is the breeding in the dog???????

Get him checked out!!!!!

Good luck.

Aye..... the dearest electrolytes that dogs gonna ever get lol.

Get him checked out!!!!!

Good luck.

correct :thumbs:

just been down the vets hes going in on monday morning she had a look at him and said to rest him and she will test him first thing monday morning she said it sounds like hes not getting enough oxygen so just need to keep my fingers crossed and hope hes going to be ok

Get him checked out!!!!!

Good luck.

correct :thumbs:

Aye mate.... Happens on the fens all the time... Many a so called world beater has been carried off the field flagging :toast: