8 replies to this topic

#1 jpt

jpt

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 02:33 pm

What can you lot recommend for about 250 squid?

Never shot before and I am after rabbits. Basically I want one that folds and is spring loaded?
I do not like the gas ones but I want somthing good. Help!

Cheers JPT

#2 Guest_Ditch_Shitter_*

Guest_Ditch_Shitter_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2006 - 03:11 pm

I'd strongly reccomend a BSA Lightening de luxe. 'Scope and very good quality Lazer fitted. Complete with long, hard plastic gun case. - 300 shots through it. Disgustingly accurate. Sample targets available to demonstrate this fact. Cost four hundred pounds to bring home from the shop, fully equipped like that. Now sat in Hull.

Just go on Google and ask it for reviews of these things. After the first 100 or a 1,000 reviews giving it 10/10, ye'll get bored and just accept what's what ;)

Why for sale? Because I'm not allowed to shoot living targets with it in Eire :( Damn good rifle, going to waste.

Available

[attachment=6496:attachment]

De Luxe Version

[attachment=6497:attachment]

You Know it makes sense! :good:

#3 targa

targa

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 04:24 pm

Buy it JPT, got the same gun, its top! (But not so top as my HW97K :) )

#4 BIG DIG

BIG DIG

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:09 pm

AIR ARMS pro elite excelent air rifle with spring easy to tune up 30 ft lbs pick up second hand rifle good condition for about 250

#5 Guest_baldie_*

Guest_baldie_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:15 pm

Easy to tune up to 30ft lbs, providing you have the relevant FAC, unless you want to do 10 years inside, that is.

#6 Big bald beautiful

Big bald beautiful

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,853 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:21 pm

Finding one is the problem
Last one went for £400 on airgunbbs.com

#7 Guest_kassinopious_*

Guest_kassinopious_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2006 - 12:43 am

i had a lightning xl but i got bored and upgraded to pcp. I paid £200 for the bsa 2 months later the best i could get back for it was £120. :/

if you go for the lightning make sure you buy either a silicon cleaning cloth or some gun metal oil since the finish becomes pitted with even the lightest moisture/fingerprints.

#8 Guest_trill_*

Guest_trill_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2006 - 08:52 pm

when the BSA lightning first came out the fellas at the local gun shop had a couple set up in there indoor range they were very accurate and make a good pest controllers tool i like the older version myself :snack:

#9 mad al

mad al

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 10:23 am

AIR ARMS pro elite excelent air rifle with spring easy to tune up 30 ft lbs pick up second hand rifle good condition for about 250

Or even the Pro Sport B) , mine is V-MACH tuned in .177 and just luv it.......Al :thumbs-up:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users