• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MattyJ

MattyJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:05 pm

Are there any restrictions on snaring in the UK. I have also seen a snare which you place on a log that is resting on a tree and an angle, which is meant to catch squirrels, but is there anyway of stopping red squirrels from getting caught in the snare ?

#2 paulus

paulus

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:16 pm

Are there any restrictions on snaring in the UK. I have also seen a snare which you place on a log that is resting on a tree and an angle, which is meant to catch squirrels, but is there anyway of stopping red squirrels from getting caught in the snare ?

yes, dont set it :laugh:

#3 The one

The one

Honorary Life President of the THL New Member Welcoming Committe

• Donator
  • 39,103 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:28 pm

MattyJ' timestamp='1352912733' post='2900008']

In areas where there's a chance of red squirrels being about you use catch alive traps so you could release them and humanly dispatch the greys its common sense really

#4 bar l dan

bar l dan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:17 pm

if in doubt why not try a live trap first however you will be legally bound to kill the grey squirrell as it is a criminal offence to release it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users