23 replies to this topic

#1 im slippy

im slippy

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:57 pm

anybody see sam the man win waterloo in 1990, must be a few dogs owt of him with him lining a few lurchers one hell of a fast dog................ :clapper:

#2 samba

samba

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:20 pm

saw him on video this wasone hell of an early paced dog
seen some out of him very fast dogs as well
had a pure greyhound out of him but she died at 8 weeks pregnant
there were dead pups inside
she was in pup to sam the man the racing whippet named after him as he was born
the same month he won the waterloo cup
he was an excellent dog im slippy :clapper:

#3 Tommy

Tommy

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:01 pm

Yes 'Sam the Man' could certainly pull his hares down :D :D
He was used in over a few lurchers i beleive, Maxhardcore of here has some of his blood in his lurchers i think ??

All the best Tommy ;) ;)

#4 Big bald beautiful

Big bald beautiful

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,853 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:35 pm

Knew a lad that used him over a good lurcher and was real disapointed.
the pups made nothing specail.
Real fast dog when winning the waterloo didnt get any long runs and was lucky in that way as he wasnt the best "coursing "dog at that time.

#5 im slippy

im slippy

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 01:41 pm

how was the bitch bred that sam lined......do you no.......... :signthankspin:

#6 fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 12:40 pm

anybody see sam the man win waterloo in 1990, must be a few dogs owt of him with him lining a few lurchers one hell of a fast dog................ http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

maxhardcore had a litter of lurchers out of sam the man and he kept a bitch called spooner and she was a very fast bitch but had a serious shoulder injury when she was 18 months old and he said she would have made a real good bitch so he kept her and bred of her he put her to captain a coursing lurcher and a few lads on the site got one including myself them dogs are also very fast and all of the ones i have seen run have being exciting dogs to watch. i hope that ll help you out a bit

#7 im slippy

im slippy

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 07:09 pm

[quote name='fieldmarshall' date='Sep 17 2006, 01:40 PM' post='125106']
[quote name='im slippy' post='124236' date='Sep 14 2006, 07:57 PM']
anybody see sam the man win waterloo in 1990, must be a few dogs owt of him with him lining a few lurchers one hell of a fast dog................ :clapper:
[/quote
thanks v/much fieldmarshall

#8 brock

brock

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:18 pm

yes mate i got one of maxhardcore now 4 years old,shes a very good bitch very fast and can stay-takes all quarry day and night.

#9 im slippy

im slippy

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 01:17 pm

yes mate i got one of maxhardcore now 4 years old,shes a very good bitch very fast and can stay-takes all quarry day and night.

hi brock have you ever bred off her or thinking of breeding off her was cris moyes dog captain the father.......thanks...........

#10 Guest_Leeview_*

Guest_Leeview_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 06:32 pm

Real fast dog when winning the waterloo didnt get any long runs and was lucky in that way as he wasnt the best "coursing "dog at that time.

he was track bred but would n't have it, saw him run twice before the Waterloo one a course and then withdrawn, and once as a bye dog leading Son Of Gus(only dog to ever do that but STM was fresh SOG had previously run a course) he was impressive at Altcar winning as a puppy(several others have repeated this ) but produced nothing of note greyhound wise
Y.I.S Leeview

#11 maxhardcore

maxhardcore

Unofficial THL SAFC Spokesperson

• Members
  • 13,828 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:37 pm

he was track bred but would n't have it, saw him run twice before the Waterloo one a course and then withdrawn, and once as a bye dog leading Son Of Gus(only dog to ever do that but STM was fresh SOG had previously run a course) he was impressive at Altcar winning as a puppy(several others have repeated this ) but produced nothing of note greyhound wise
Y.I.S Leeview

correct me if im wrong here leeview mate but didnt sam pull 4 out of his 6 hares to win the waterloo, great pace , exellent mouth and some of the best track blood in his veins ie sarahs bunny his grandmother english derby winner, fearless action his father derby final , i think?, ron hardy , his grandfather english derby winner with his littermate masterhardy second in the same final. if anyone has a copy of the 1990 waterloo id dearly love a copy as i lent mine out and didnt get it back.

#12 im slippy

im slippy

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:20 pm

max i will send you a copy pm me your details.............

#13 Guest_Leeview_*

Guest_Leeview_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2006 - 01:33 pm

Y.I.S Leeview

correct me if im wrong here leeview mate but didnt sam pull 4 out of his 6 hares to win the waterloo, great pace , exellent mouth and some of the best track blood in his veins ie sarahs bunny his grandmother english derby winner, fearless action his father derby final , i think?, ron hardy , his grandfather english derby winner with his littermate masterhardy second in the same final. if anyone has a copy of the 1990 waterloo id dearly love a copy as i lent mine out and didnt get it back.

yes he did Maxhardcore used his pace on the field to good effect. didn't Teds Move(another track bred star) repeat that fete when he won the Waterloo Cup and killed a burglar to boot on the way out Lydiate 2nd day. will you be about this Saturday?
Y.I.S Leeview

Edited by Leeview, 08 November 2006 - 03:56 pm.

#14 Cupid Stunt

Cupid Stunt

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 02:11 pm

Posted Image

#15 Guest_mush_*

Guest_mush_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:54 pm

I also seen Sam the man run at the W C , but as big bald beautiful says he was very lucky with the runs he got he did have a lot of speed and a good mouth but Rosser Rock was better IMO, had harder runs and had just as good a mouth, think he killed the last hare to lose. think his sister also ran at the same W C if I remember right she was good to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users