question

use a baiting spot fella just abit of peanut butter in a place with a good backstopp and easy to zero onto and then shoot the bugger, i did loads of this for neighbors when some flats were knocked down all the rats came up to the houses, but be sure you get rid of every single spot of blood cos weils will kill your dogs very slowly and painfuly, i used bleach mixed with water after i shot a rat ;)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

talk sense he's trying to shoot a rat not a bloody lion

WTF? :blink:

A back stop. The man is trying to shoot a rat that will be running all over the place. itsn't it easier just to get the dogs out

Not if you bait a spot up and put it in front of a backstop. In case you haven't noticed,this is the air rifle section, the fella was asking advice on how to shoot a rat with an air rifle. There's no need for you to pop up and go on about getting the dogs out, what if the fella hasn't got dogs, or just fancies a bit of sport with the gun? There are plenty of ratting threads in the terrier section if that's more your thing, what else do you expect to find in the air rifle section? :hmm:

LOL fair comment i will leave you to it

I will say though, if it was me Mr Ratty would have to have a dance with this pair before I broke the gun out! :D

HPIM1052-1-1.jpg

Then failing that it would be the live capture trap. ;)

LOL fair comment i will leave you to it

I will say though, if it was me Mr Ratty would have to have a dance with this pair before I broke the gun out! :D

HPIM1052-1-1.jpg

Then failing that it would be the live capture trap. ;)

pardon the pun mate but you've got a nice pair there

Guest buster321c

If it were me , apart from me dog , who would have had the bugger by now , i would use a rat bait consisting of cat food , and cod liver oil , luqidisied . I keep this on a pop-top bottle , and squirt a a dribble out to attract them . Once they get a taste for it , and they do love it , id`e just bait up , and sit and wait ;)

well had no luck wi the air gun..so set a live trap on monday..the trap was empty at 7 this morn..but look who was in when i got home at half four!!!

mud097.jpg

nice result..peanut butter tempted him!!!

mud098.jpg

a dead rat is a good rat!!!!!

Edited by dave1979
i was in the kitchen yesterday and i saw a bloody rat iun my yard!!! cheeky sod..iv got dogs and ferrets but the bugger mujsta knew they are penned up!!! the question is...am i within the law to shoot it with my airgun??? i live in a mid terraced house..i av told the neighbours i am gunna shoot it and they are fine with it..but what would plod av to say????

Would look into it a bit more dave.As you could be done with discharging a fire arm in a built up area.atb. Catcher 1 :thumbs: