Watched a clip on youtube with a guy zeroing in his rifle dead on in two shots. He used a home made stand / holder that kept the gun completely stationery. Fired one shot at a target 30 yards away then moved the cross hairs in the sight to align with the hole in the target...sounds almost too simple.

Does anyone have any pictures of a stand they have used ? I'm looking at adapting something for my workmate and giving this a go.

Cheers

Watched a clip on youtube with a guy zeroing in his rifle dead on in two shots. He used a home made stand / holder that kept the gun completely stationery. Fired one shot at a target 30 yards away then moved the cross hairs in the sight to align with the hole in the target...sounds almost too simple.

Does anyone have any pictures of a stand they have used ? I'm looking at adapting something for my workmate and giving this a go.

Cheers

a mate of mine said he used a black and decker work bench to zero his shooter i haven't tried this yet but, i think i will work really well.

the work bench is about £40-£50 and you can probably get one from a DIY shop.

hope this helps. Zak.

post-38031-1249724080.jpg

will a workbench like that work with springers which recoil?

I suppose it could, but then when it comes to shooting, you would have to carry a B&W workmate around with you and fire it from there. Make it a bit unweildly and a pain in the ass to stalk with :tongue2: . Bit like shooting a springer off a pod. It can be done, but then when shooting unaided, you'd need to re-zero.

Hey aaron,

Its a nice thought but the answer is an absolute resounding no. I remember getting really frustrated one time I zeroed the Airsporter whilst resting it on a wrapped round bale of silage. Then when I actually held the gun and shot it from my shoulder it was nowhere near zeroed!!

You start absorbing some of the recoil before the pellet has left the barrel, so you need to do this when zeroing and shooting for real

Hey aaron,

Its a nice thought but the answer is an absolute resounding no. I remember getting really frustrated one time I zeroed the Airsporter whilst resting it on a wrapped round bale of silage. Then when I actually held the gun and shot it from my shoulder it was nowhere near zeroed!!

You start absorbing some of the recoil before the pellet has left the barrel, so you need to do this when zeroing and shooting for real

if you put your hand under the forend of the gun so the recoil will go through your hand and make sure the stock is well in your shoulder you get similar accuracy but the gun will be zeroed when you fire normally, or go for the FT sitting position which is very stable also and absorbs recoil due to the gun being rested on the pad of your arm or hand depending on personal style/preference

if you go on youtube and search 'FT shooting positions' i think it is there is a really good video which will help you understand better

atb rob

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers

a mate of mine said he used a black and decker work bench to zero his shooter i haven't tried this yet but, i think i will work really well.

the work bench is about £40-£50 and you can probably get one from a DIY shop.

hope this helps. Zak.

you may have allready got a black+decker work bench buch earlier on i found a work bench that is only £19.99 and its in the new argos catalouge im gonna get one. when i get 1 tommoro il let you all know how it goes

zak.