First timer needs help

Hi all, I looking for tips and advice on selecting my first gun ever. I'm only looking to be hunting rabbits, squirrel, and crow etc. I don't have a lot of money (not many of us do :no: ), so I don't what to spend a fortune.

So any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

If your not wanting to spend a bomb then a springer is probably the best choice for you as you wont need to buy a pump or dive bottle as you would with a PCP.

The bsa lightening range seems to be pretty good for the money. Aaronpigeonplucker is seling one for quite cheap.

If your looking to spend a bit more then a weirauch, tx200 or prosport is probably what you should try in google.

Ryan

Definitely go for a good second hand springer. For a gun & scope I think you should be looking in the £150-£200 price bracket.

Just in case you're worried that its a bit too much money, you should be able to sell your gun on (if you ever wanted to upgrade, or just don't get on with the sport) for roughly the same money as you paid for it. Don't be tempted with a new cheap (£100-£150) imported gun as you'll struggle to get a buyer for it if you ever want to sell it

Oh, and a good starting point is the Guntrader website.... just google it!

Edited by hughes_jh
  • 3 weeks later...

A springer will definately be your best choice friend. This i say for 2 reasons. Firstly im not sure on your shooting ability but a springer will definatley learn you to shoot shtraight or straighter, they teach you the basics of the marksmans principles and the need for correct follow through and trigger control to aid accuracy.

Secondly you can buy some quality springers / combos cheap if you look around this site or visit your local shop for second hand rifles.

If i was you and you have the money go for a second hand Weihrauch. A HW 95K would be my first choice. They are lite but accurate and full power and they hardly ever break unless you really miss treat them.

Regards

Zini