hi all,

first of all you'll be pleased to know this isent a poll!

anyway, i have heard this come up a lot in things i have read, and is it true? is it possible to strike a match with a airgun pellet brushing over the top. my gun i still being serviced ( :angry: ) so i cannot test this myself. so i ask the airgunning section, pick up your guns, put pellets throgh the barrel and try to light matches with pellets. i want both .177 and .22 trying it. i want domed, HP, wadcutter and pointed pellets trying this :D . even try the red and the brown matches.

picks is possible.

thanks, Aaron.

P.S this is just a bit of fun and it will be intresting to see the results! :laugh:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it does work only with the pink tiped swanvesta matches you need to catch it on the side. you will get threw a packet befor you strike one tho took me atleast 6 packets of matches. hones in yer acuracy skills tho :clapper:

spot on mate ;)

asme9

In the past, I have tried many things so as to make challenges up for myself in order to better myself in the aiming of my air rifle (these have been done whilst shooting from our conservatory down to the bottom of the garden - 30 yards).

Among those things I have tried are :

# I can cut matchsticks in half, placed vertically.

# I can snipe a daisies off their stems ( me and a mate have a yearly comp at my gaff, for a fiver each in the pot - winner takes all, 30 shots each.

# I have hit and exploded a few insects - mostly flies on jam specks on the back-stop (and missed as many of them too, if not more) .

Now although I personally have not managed to ignite the swan vesta type matches (no other types work as they are safety matches) by pellet strike yet, I have witnessed it done a time or two - so it is not impossible to do.

Wether or not you can do it comes down to the shooter's discipline on the shot IMHO. :thumbs:

Regards,

Grim.

......Or trying to light it blindfolded with both arms tied behind your back while escaping from a tank of water with flesh eating leaches in ;)

Well I once split an atom with a particularly accurate shot. :yes: Problem was I drew the target on a lump of uranium that I had lying about in a tool box in a corner of the shed, and it set of a chain reaction which blew me into about 24 pieces. :icon_eek:

...I got better! :blink: