coney catcher

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:30 am

http://www.equestfoo...804e435af3aa622
if so are they any good

Edited by coney catcher, 11 July 2006 - 12:30 am.

#2 Toni_Dave_17

Toni_Dave_17

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 02:11 pm

ive had them before mate, really comfy...nice and strong nice all round boot! :good:

#3 socks

socks

Extreme Ferret Wrangler

• Donator
  • 14,657 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 02:43 pm

they are an bsolutely useless boot for hunting ... lightweight yes ... comfy yes ... durable and strong no no no ... they wont last you 6 weeks of hard graft ...........

#4 Guest_chilli_*

Guest_chilli_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2006 - 02:47 pm

depends what you want to do with them , i have a pair fine for walking with the dogs an ferreting but i wouldnt like to do any ammount of digging in them .

Ive had mine since christmas an clean them regular ( well the gf ) they are fine in my eyes you wont go wrong with them . You owned many pairs socks ? i no a few who have had the same make all very happy with them got a few years out of them to .

#5 Kane

Kane

Subscribed Member

• Donator
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:03 pm

All depends on what your sport is had a mate who lamped in them he liked them had a mate who dug in them lasted 5 minutes lol.

#6 coney catcher

coney catcher

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:26 pm

they would be used for ferreting, ratting, shooting etc

#7 Guest_chilli_*

Guest_chilli_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:28 pm

imho u will be fine then .

#8 chillitt

chillitt

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:31 pm

hi tecs have a lifetime guarantee on em( doesn't cover abuse!) so if they do fall apart you get a new pair :yes:

#9 socks

socks

Extreme Ferret Wrangler

• Donator
  • 14,657 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 07:19 pm

depends what you want to do with them , i have a pair fine for walking with the dogs an ferreting but i wouldnt like to do any ammount of digging in them .

Ive had mine since christmas an clean them regular ( well the gf ) they are fine in my eyes you wont go wrong with them . You owned many pairs socks ? i no a few who have had the same make all very happy with them got a few years out of them to .

i have owned plenty of them ... got a pair here now with the canvas sides ... and all they are good for is walking ... a winter of mud hard work and scuffing on rocks and these boots wouldnt last 2 mins ... if you want a decent pair of boots get some lowers

#10 Guest_mucker_*

Guest_mucker_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2006 - 10:52 pm

they look very much like some cheap boots the wife got us last year made by thinsulate with the material on the sides.
they barely lasted a year and too soft for digging in alright for the lamping though :good:

#11 Fletcher

Fletcher

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:38 am

I've had a couple of pairs, they're not a bad light boot, soft like a trainer. The leather needs looking after, water and disinfectant seems to rot them, I found they always crack across that crease between the toes and the laces.

#12 Guest_Geordie_*

Guest_Geordie_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:01 am

If i was gonna pay that much id be tempted to go the extra £50 or so for a pair of Lowa's,tried and tested them Lowas,before i got into the dogs i had a pair for nearly 5 years :blink:

#13 Toni_Dave_17

Toni_Dave_17

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:29 am

Well this type of boot is bought by many a cadet for their field craft training and have served me well when i did my starred badges and i did everything from rolling in mud to jumping over 12" walls!!

They are only boots at the end of the day and they arnt that expensive....

#14 socks

socks

Extreme Ferret Wrangler

• Donator
  • 14,657 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:43 am

12 inch walls that must have been really scary :11: :11: :11: ............

#15 Stabs

Stabs

• 5,557 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 12:58 pm

Altamas for summer work (with a goretex sock if you're on the wetlands)
Matterhorn, Danner or Lowas for proper work

I've tried a pair of Cabela's own brand this last winter and they've been excellent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users