Not another bloody newbie!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_whippet_*

Guest_whippet_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:55 pm

Hey there, I saw a link to this site posted on another forum I frequent (www.airgunbbs.com) and decided to have a look.
Well this site and it's forum seems to be free of a lot of the PC pander-to-the-antis' bullshit you get on other forums so I signed up.

A little about me:
I'm 15 and live in South Devon. I was brought up as anti-hunting by my parents, but shook off those misguided beliefs a while ago. I am mainly a shooter (I have an air rifle and one shotgun, soon to be two), but have been ratting with a pack of assorted beater's dogs before (we caught/stomped on/battered 173 the first time).

Contrary to the name I do not have or know anything about whippets, so don't come whinging to me with your running-hound problems and questions :D . I don't even own a dog, but sorely want to :( .

Well I guess that just about sums me up.

#2 Guest_CharlieC_*

Guest_CharlieC_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:58 pm

welcome to the mad hoose.

You seem pretty well clued up for a 15 year old :D :good:

#3 IanB

IanB

------

• Administrator
  • 11,139 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 05:46 pm

Welcome whipet... :friends:

#4 Guest_whippet_*

Guest_whippet_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2005 - 06:03 pm

Oh yeah, i forgot to add that I sometimes go ferreting with my neighbor and also help him to train his gundogs (2 black labs).

#5 socks

socks

Extreme Ferret Wrangler

• Donator
  • 14,729 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 07:07 pm

how do you own a shotgun at 15 ?

#6 Guest_whippet_*

Guest_whippet_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2005 - 08:21 pm

You can own a shotgun from the age of 15, as long as you have a shotgun certificate, which I do. Although the the downside is that I have to receive any guns or ammo as a gift or loan, I can't buy them until I am 17. Which is stupid cos it doesn't take into account people who's parents don't have shotgun certificates, cos it's not like shotguns come cheap so even a mate or mentor is just going to give you one (although my neighbor who got me into shooting could see the problem, see he "gave" me a barely used baikal over and under, and I "dropped" an appropriate amount of money into his hand.

#7 socks

socks

Extreme Ferret Wrangler

• Donator
  • 14,729 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:51 pm

that is correct but if you are under the age of 17 then you must gain the consent of a parent or guardian .... and as you say yours are anti blood .... so why would they countersign your form.

#8 Guest_chilli_*

Guest_chilli_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:55 pm

anti anti anti oi oi oi :lol: :lol:

#9 mattyg

mattyg

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:11 pm

well sniffed out chilli!

#10 Guest_ALEC01_*

Guest_ALEC01_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:16 pm

i take it that you dont store your shotgun at your house either? unless someone in your house hold has a certificate and are over 21.

#11 socks

socks

Extreme Ferret Wrangler

• Donator
  • 14,729 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:19 pm

well sniffed out chilly :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: what the f u c k did chilly do ???

#12 Guest_whippet_*

Guest_whippet_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:20 pm

My parents are anti FOXHUNTING (and I would assume stag and hare coursing). But they are not anti-shooting, my dad used to do .22 rimfire target shooting with me, and uses my air rifle occasionally, so he isn't a stranger to shooting and it was him who signed my certificate.

And believe me when I say I am offended to be accused of being an anti. I am ashamed to have ever held those f****d up prejudices.

EDIT: They're all kept in a brattonsound cabinet upstairs.

#13 Guest_whippet_*

Guest_whippet_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:26 pm

i take it that you dont store your shotgun at your house either?  unless someone in your house hold has a certificate and are over 21.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did you get that from? I don't mean to cause animosity on here, but I challenge you to find that law in here.

I know it is easy to dismiss me as a troll or anti, we get them all the time on the airgun forum I am a member of, but I assure you that I am genuine.

#14 Guest_chilli_*

Guest_chilli_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:24 pm

i would say u r 99 % u are a anti because of wat u just said :angry: never have i heard someone who goes hunting refere to anbody as a troll ! that terminology is reserved for digginout and such sites !!!

#15 Guest_Geordie_*

Guest_Geordie_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:32 pm

Okey dokey,im gonna stick my kneck out and say hes not an anti :D
Ive just read thru his posts on The Airgun BBS,dont sound like an anti to me :hunter:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users