working bedlingtons

Guest vanstub

Guest vanstub
bedlington4lp.jpg

check out the bedlington thread in this forum. also i think tideline books might still do a couple of the working bedlington terrier yearbooks, which are well worth a read, as they cover both the pure breds and the hyrids.

check out the forum thanks for the tip

I'd be interested in that too. I reckon one of them would do for me. I've always liked them and at some point in the future I'd like to have a nice Beddy, whether pure or with a dash of something else in there.

I would LOVE to get a dog and bitch, from hard working stuff over here...But the price of them, plus the import is to much...especialy for dogs that might not work (earth wise)

Kye..

Lawrence some people will not like the answer to this but its just my opinion.

i first started working with hybrids because i could not get pure stuff , they were border x and black stuff x they worked well but some to hard for my likeing, don't get me wrong there is time and the place for a hard dog its just i don't see the point in haveing a dog that is laid up fo a week or two and can't be used ,as my dogs work with me to make a living. The coats on the hybrids are realy good tight and waterproof, but size was at times a problem there was always litter wastage especially in the border x they just got to big, one bitch i kept was called the bulldozer because if there was a fox to ground she would get there eventually but you were garenteed you had to dig her out as the tube was filled, to me thats not much use, also some of them would just not work.

As for pure stuff well much the above stands for them as well but i find that they work well yes some are to large but there is to many out there with crap coats and washed out colour, Ive had some in the past that were basically no use so the went to pet homes with no documents so they could not be registered and used for breeding.

I think in both sorts you will have litter wastage , none workers.

as ive said inthe past pedigree's help but the maine thing is that the parents are workers and not pot likers, no point in good parentage if they have not worked, it cost as much to keep a bad dog as a good one.

So for people looking for a bedlington or a hybrid i would say go and find somebody that claims to work them see the dog work ,ask people that know them what they think of them as workers , then make your choise as there is rubbish out there

just some thoughts

Hybred