wondering if im doing right ,i have 2 year old lurcher and just got 6 week old terrier,brought pup home put her on floor but lurcher walked out of room.if pup gets to close to the lurcher ,lurcher growls i tell lurcher off lightly ,do i just let them get used to each other or is there anything else i can do :cry::blink:

Guest ferreting king

well i didnt do it with a lurcher and terrier!

i done it with spaneils its just pecking order....my spaniel is 16 and has lived there all his life but when i brought my pup spaniel home he was protecting his ground and growling because she is on his patch but that was about 6 months ago now and they get along now it just takes time!

I've went through the same with my lurcher and new pups mate, it will get used to the pup and eventually settle down, just feed the lurcher before the pup and give the lurcher treats or titbits first , the pup will learn to behave around thje older dog, good luck :good:

I was speaking to a mate today who was telling me that last week his pup some how managed to find a way through to the next run and the pup must of wound his older dog up anyway the lurcher snapped ragged and killed the pup'this man is a very good dog man most people on here will of heard of him'my point being the dogs get constant attention so this must have happend in a short space of time.It just goes to show it can happen.The dog in question was nutall bred ive heard some of these dogs can be firey but i dont know if this is tru. :good:

I was speaking to a mate today who was telling me that last week his pup some how managed to find a way through to the next run and the pup must of wound his older dog up anyway the lurcher snapped ragged and killed the pup'this man is a very good dog man most people on here will of heard of him'my point being the dogs get constant attention so this must have happend in a short space of time.It just goes to show it can happen.The dog in question was nutall bred ive heard some of these dogs can be firey but i dont know if this is tru. :good:

Nuttals -fecking nutters some of em . :yes: