Anybody
try the rpra website ring list .. rings will start with gb su or whu rpra the letter represents an area r eg rotherham racing pigeon club .. er for example represents the royal lofts of the queen.. the numbers are what have been allocated to each club and in turn each member this is how pigeons are traced to a particular owner or club .. Edited by the_stig
  • 4 weeks later...

how much do you want to find out? if you are keen on having some racing pigeons, you would be best off finding someone in your area who keeps them and going to ask them. if you don't know anyone just keep yours eyes on the sky till you see some flying round, watch where they drop in to then just go and knock on the door and speak to the fella there who keeps them. i'm sure they'll be more than pleased to show you round there loft and answer any questions you have. i know because if anyone came to my dads place and asked about pigeons they'd struggle to get away. hope this helps cheers pp

ive been given a pair off blue checked homer/racing pigeons , could any one tell my what then R stands for on its tag please , i have an 2008 hen and a 2005 cock bird thanks

Wolly

the R doesnt stand for anything in particular its just a means of identifying to which club or individual the ring is issued to

ring the RPRA give then the full number and they will tell you who the ring is registered to

There is a ring list published yearly and that should be avaliable from the RPRA

ive been given a pair off blue checked homer/racing pigeons , could any one tell my what then R stands for on its tag please , i have an 2008 hen and a 2005 cock bird thanks

Wolly

the R doesnt stand for anything in particular its just a means of identifying to which club or individual the ring is issued to

ring the RPRA give then the full number and they will tell you who the ring is registered to

There is a ring list published yearly and that should be avaliable from the RPRA

same info i gave him :blink: hes packing up already ..

cheers lads ive found out what my Z rings are there Louis Massarella , He Bred These Strain Of Bird 50yrs ago , and the R ring is the old mans own breed thanks im learning as i go along :) and a pic off the 3 muskateers

post-32347-1243447610_thumb.jpg