Hi as has been said get stuff sorted the night before. Just relax & enjoy its the stalkers job to think & plan & an experianced stalker will keep you sorted to enjoy the day whether you pay or not. You should get a shot at a target & guided through it all as if its the real thing so when it happens you just do the drill you did at the target. This is where experiance comes in & can make or break a day & i take it you are at the roe. He should be able to tell stuff about the area bucks/stags they have seen & why they want that lad so relax & enjoy & let us know how it goes.

When you do the check zero on the target, make sure you have at least a couple of shots from the firing position you're most likely to use when taking the actual shot at the deer. Don't tke it for granted that once you've achieved a nice tight group off the bi-pod your shots will fly to the same MPI when shooting over stalking sticks.

Shoot quickly, but don't rush the shot.

And practice lots with a scope sighted air rifle or .22 before you go.

When you do the check zero on the target, make sure you have at least a couple of shots from the firing position you're most likely to use when taking the actual shot at the deer. Don't tke it for granted that once you've achieved a nice tight group off the bi-pod your shots will fly to the same MPI when shooting over stalking sticks.

Shoot quickly, but don't rush the shot.

And practice lots with a scope sighted air rifle or .22 before you go.

i have been using my .22 air rifle every day at 30 odd yards and its a tight grouping

• 2 weeks later...

well yesterday went as planned except for the deer showing up the stalker knew of the whereabouts they feed so at 2 o clock i set off to the stalkers house at langholm got after about 30 mins drive i finally got there we had a talk on the saftey needed and what we will be doing through out the day we done target shooting first at 100 yards the scope was off about an inch and a half so we adjusted it slightly so onto the next target which i was 1 cm under the bullseye so he said i was good enough to use the rifle the rifle i was using was a sako 5.5 cal i think so after getting into our gear we set off to the secret destanation parked the jeep up and walked down the dirt track and got to a steep banking which below was a flat bit of grass next to the wood where he has senn 4 deer com ing out to feed so we got into position and waited about 30 mins nothing seen so it was back up the dirt track to another spot this was at the edge of a valley at the other side was 20 feet of grass then the edge of the wood where he had seen 3 feeding the night before so about an hour wait there no show so off we went to another spot to at a quarry he had seen a large buck coming out of the woods every time he goes to look around so we got the bipod up and got settled in and waited another hour i was always checking with the binoculors scanning the area so nothing was happening so the stalker said that it was time to go as the light started to fade so we got back to the jeep got the guns back in there slips and off we went back to his house where my mum was waiting :icon_redface: so ive learned that staliking takes alot of patience all in all i really enjoyed it heres a few pics

post-14469-1240162401_thumb.jpg