dead cubs

found a earth today on a neighbouring shoot and outside lay a dead cub had broken jaw and mark on neck inside the mouth of the hole lay another dead cub with crushed skull and marks on neck cubs had only been dead a day or two at most also lay a dead pheasant which also was fresh any idears as to what might have killed cubs. cubs are about 4 weeks old

boys with dogs who cant do the job in the winter...

maybe its a keeper doing his job of protecting game birds. after all this is their main time for getting on top of mrs fox and her youngsters.

i know a lot of you dont agree with it but after all its vermin control

imo if there are dead cubs, and she is not responsable, which i doubt she is then she will have shifted them... as for the bird, me thinks you shot a different dog, and this bird was left by the father of the litter ;)

Maybe it was you who killed them and your not saying,its a bit late in the season for hunting anyway,just remember if you kill all the foxes during breeding season you wont have any thing to hunt next season.

bullx i am a keeper and relie on wild birds(english partridge), controlling foxes is my job not sport and this shoot is partime keepered and we always get bother at nesting time from foxes off of this land so we come on there this year to control them this is what i found!