Where is the sport

Guest reload

Guest reload

I am not a course fisherman....not seriously anyway....catch a few on the fly or dog biscuit etc.game fishing where its at IMO.

I passed a course fishery and watched some lads...or Carp fisherman i suppose.

Laughed my arse of as they struggled unloading the boot of the car with thousands of pounds worth of rods,nets,boxs,bite indicators,bivvys,bed,kithen sinks etc. After 15 mins they had got the stuff to the waters edge :rolleyes: Then tackled up there 3 rods each, set there bite things and lobbed out there lines with a sploosh sending ripples round the lake :D Walked back to there bivvy thing got the paper out had a chat on the mobile. :icon_eek:

No stalking for these lads in there white trainers, no wildlife seen either..shame they missed the little egrette and the first swallow of the summer :unsure::blink: . Where is there hunting instinct?? Wheres there love of the great outdoors!!

Supose as long as they were away from the wife and can boast who caught the biggest fish down the pub they were happy.

Made me laugh :haha:

Guest reload

I wouldnt say course fishing is Shite.....just the reading a ye paper types.....cant see the sport personally.....i like to hunt my fish!!

Now stalking carp on the fly is sport......and a hard fecking fight!!

I have tied a Bread fly out of natural sponge and it gets good results :p

i prefer fly to coarse but the cost of a days fishing in fisheries is a fair difference in price between the two. went coarse fishing yeserday, didnt catch anything but didnt fall in either so i cant complain. my dad had 2 not bad carp though. how do you make that bread fly reload? sounds quite good.

Guest reload

The bread fly is simple, I am still making variations, but basically get some natural sponge or possibly very boyant manmade sponge and tye at the head of the fly, easy as that!! Trim to shape. Good for the carp and trout tend to check it out every time!!! It maybe a cheat I dont know!! But if you pay £20 to catch fish, you wanna leave with a few in the bag IMO :p

• 3 weeks later...
Guest reload

A tv and a Freezer.....your the geezer :good: :whistle: what no microwave??

Not downing it, it just seemed to me they miss alot of the countryside while reading there paper or watching the TV :icon_eek: !!! I like to hunt my fish, not ground bait and wait for the bait alarm :p

Each to there own, if we all liked the same it would be boring as f**k!!

• 1 month later...

i been carp fishing on and off for 21 years,and have seen these so called hardened carpers .ie:get shit loads of gear out,take the easies swim to get to on the lake (not looked to see if any topping or showing) straight out with the rods using old unsharp rigs,then fill the place in with boilies and groundbait and expect to catch !!!

its like every sport the more time put in watching and learning your choosen quarry the better u become.

5am im up with the sun looking for signs of fish and if they not in my swim i move to where they are !!! travel light !!!!