shot gun certificate

just opened the post and my application form for a shot gun certificate has come :gunsmilie: i know it differs with everyone but roughly how long do you think it will take to go through,i live with my dad and he has alredy got his lisence so a cabinet is no problem and i dont have a criminal record or anything so i should be fairly streight forward it?shouldnt it?

if you want to use the same safe as your dad you will have to put his guns in the section asking what shot guns you have on your form but you can not use the same safe if he has firearms in it. mine took about 6 weeks

You are right that he would have to separate the access if his father had Firearms in his safe, but he shouldn't put his father's guns down in the part of the form which asks which guns are already in his possession, simply because he doesn't own them.

The only time you need to mention shared security is where they ask where the guns are going to be stored, in which case you say something like The guns will be stored in a police approve gun cabinet, fixed to a load bearing wall. I will be sharing the security with my father who already holds a Shotgun Certificate, number.....etc

SS :thumbs: