Your'e not supposed to mix raw and complete or cooked (cereals especially) as they take different lengths of time to digest, BUT if I'm a bit short of meat one day I'll chuck in a bit of dry to fill them up.

If you want to feed one meal dry and the next meat I'd suggest mixing some plain yoghurt in with the dry: most dogs love yoghurt, its good for them and moistens the dry stuff. Or you could add a very weak gravy granules mixture: very weak though as its got a lot of salt in it.

If I was going to do this on a regular basis I'd mix in one of the following to add flavour extra goodies etc: tin of pilchards in tomato sauce/cooked veg and any human left overs chopped/mashed up/ or as already said: yoghurt.

Your'e not supposed to mix raw and complete or cooked (cereals especially) as they take different lengths of time to digest, BUT if I'm a bit short of meat one day I'll chuck in a bit of dry to fill them up.

If you want to feed one meal dry and the next meat I'd suggest mixing some plain yoghurt in with the dry: most dogs love yoghurt, its good for them and moistens the dry stuff. Or you could add a very weak gravy granules mixture: very weak though as its got a lot of salt in it.

If I was going to do this on a regular basis I'd mix in one of the following to add flavour extra goodies etc: tin of pilchards in tomato sauce/cooked veg and any human left overs chopped/mashed up/ or as already said: yoghurt.

I take my nutritional information from John Kohnke.B.V.SC...

He is recognized as an international authority on the practical feeding of Greyhounds,and other aspects of greyhound care.He is a Batchelor of Veterinary Science with a 1st class honours degree .He wrote a regular column called Vets Advice in the Greyhound Star ,for many years,and held a weekly Vet Clinic for Greyhounds Has travelled the world lecturing on nutrition and feeding to colleges and Vets.He is ,or was the Technical Services and Veterinary Consultant to Vet Search International and has contributed to ,and wrote several books on the subject of Greyhounds Health and Nutrition.

Kohnke advocates feeding dry food with meat at a ratio of 5g per kilo of body weight.This info can be found in his excellent book, Veterinary Advice for Greyhound Owners,ps my info on tripe comes from this source too.Might try the yoghurt ,all my boys love it ,but Rainer allways grabs the tub and runs off with it.

Edited by inan

Thanks for the advice skycat i'll feed her one meal dry with gravy and the next meat.