Driven Boar Poland January 2010

Result January 2009. One group of 10 rifles for 3 days driven Boar + Deer. You can never tell with true wild game....the first day was our worst ever single day result in 20 years with only one boar and one fox shot. The second day was the highest bag shot in a single day in 20 years with 32 boar and 1 fox shot!! 

Final result for 3 days was 43 boar, 1 Red Hind, 2 foxes and 4 Roe does for 130 shots for 10 rifles. 

we go out Jan. 6 and return Jan. 10. Rifles only (must be .270 or greater) + low power 'scope. Price depends on number in our group. All trophy fees for boar & female deer included. €1505 for 15 rifles or more, €1726 for 10-12 rifles.

want to join us? contact me through web site www.countrysports.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

That sounds ideal!I am currently a serving officer in the british army and have been tasked with organising our officers mess hunting trip and the feeling is we want to do boar hunting with a bit of deer and game thrown in (but not a deal breaker!!). If anyone has any ideas of where might be good place to go i would be most grateful for a reply! Of course accomodation and wine is also an important factor in our choice of location!!

cheers

That sounds ideal!I am currently a serving officer in the british army and have been tasked with organising our officers mess hunting trip and the feeling is we want to do boar hunting with a bit of deer and game thrown in (but not a deal breaker!!). If anyone has any ideas of where might be good place to go i would be most grateful for a reply! Of course accomodation and wine is also an important factor in our choice of location!!

cheers

Hang on .. Hang on .. :nono::shok:

Tax payers money lads .. steady on .. we're in a recession .. that will be a day to Bognor and ices for 20 to go please .. :yahoo: :11:

Can I come too ? - I qualify .. .Im the bleeding taxpayer ! Nice to meet yer :drinks:

• 3 weeks later...

cheers

Hang on .. Hang on .. :nono::shok:

Tax payers money lads .. steady on .. we're in a recession .. that will be a day to Bognor and ices for 20 to go please .. :yahoo: :11:

Can I come too ? - I qualify .. .Im the bleeding taxpayer ! Nice to meet yer :drinks:

So they fight for our country they deserve some fun

• 2 weeks later...
have you got any pics mate??

yes, they are all on my web site (see first post I made) www.countrysports.co.uk use the top menu on the page and mouse over "hunting areas" and you will see Poland on the list , click on that and the page with pictures starts and at the bottom of that page you will see links to past trips and all the pictures..... enjoy!!

how many dogs got shot ? i heard a few get done by mistake

you're a bit out of date. That was 6 trips ago. Terrible day that (accidents do happen - we think it was due to one of the small terriers being unseen behind a wounded boar and an inexperienced hunter thinking he was doing the right thing by finishing off the boar) and if anyone reading this thinks it would not happen to them - think again.....one of the senior guides told me that day he had shot a dog himself by accident some years previously)

• 1 month later...

hi all, looks like ya had a great time and got a good bag over the three days but just wanted to say if anyone fancies sticking boars to look on dan moodys site put "dogsonhogs" into google and you can work it out from there i went over two years ago, was well looked after, had a few real top notch hunts and all all up inc my flight to texas it worked out about the same money so if getting up close and smelly is more your bag have a look if not and shooting more ya thing go for it as its a real addrenalin buzz hunting something that can get nasty with ya.

all the best guys