Guest MOLLY

What would be the biggest bats found in the north east?

Sitting in the house and i though i saw an bird out of the corner of my eye going into the woods opposite. Then i saw another one, thinking its a bit late now wondered if it was an owl?...couldnt believe my eyes when i went to the window and saw loads of large bats in my garden...ive tried to take some piccies but its bloody hard work trying to capture bats on film :icon_eek:

Been an unusual day, driving home at 4pm and a roe buck jumped out of the sheep field i walk the dogs in, and trotted up the road in front of me for at least 200yrds before jumpimg a wall into the woods!

MOLL.

Guest midnight_runner

i was away fishing a local river this morning noticed something dangling from a telegraph pole went to have a look it was a bat that had taken a fly some one had lost mannaged to get it down and put it in a old hollow tree then went to murder some fish :good::good:

Guest MOLLY
moll we've been fishing on the swale and these big bats flying alround us up and down the river taking fly's and always hitting your line ( :realmad: :realmad: fecking things , think youve got a bite :D ) there big batsmaybe 5-7 inches across (wingspan) like you say it's hard getting the correct size and too ge pics . but they sound like the same 1's

:good:

Yes they do sound like the same ones, these ones do vary quite a bit in size about 1-2" difference..perhaps males and females are different sizes?

On a different subject, sitting in the garden and i saw my 1st golden eagle :icon_eek: it was miles up in the sky riding the thermals, brilliant to see.

MOLL.