catch rate

Well my young dog , as had 100 rabbits, 3 hares, in the lamp now . I took him last friday night, 4 from 4, not bad for a 17 month old dog. If he keeps it up for next season, i will very happy. ;) As long as they catch, thats the main thing.?? ;) Well done Bryn. :)

when i first read that i thort you were talking the piss lol :clapper: but then i re read it haha.fair play i would be very happy wif that what cross is he? :)

He is a 1x collie grey, all game was caught from 18 nights lamping. He caught every night, some nights more than others. As i said the main thing is catching, the more they catch ,the better they get :victory: He is 24 ins 58lb, i will try him on old red coat in sep, he will be 2 then.

when i first read that i thort you were talking the piss lol :clapper: but then i re read it haha.fair play i would be very happy wif that what cross is he? :)

He is a 1x collie grey, all game was caught from 18 nights lamping. He caught every night, some nights more than others. As i said the main thing is catching, the more they catch ,the better they get :victory: He is 24 ins 58lb, i will try him on old red coat in sep, he will be 2 then.

ai i thought you ment one night af first lol he sounds like he doing well did he catch on his first night out then.Is he hancock then or?is it the eating type red coat or the biter lol

just wondering what are peoples best catch rate lamping rabbits?
My best up to date with one dog is 44 rabbits in one night.

I had a night on just the long ears with him but came home after an hour he had 6 in that time and could have caught more if i carried on.

This has been mentioned before but Sam caught 37 out of 39 one night and 50+ out of 104 on another night

two other good dog's made the tally up

That is my best and through my laziness it was not bettered which im sure sam would of 100% done..

Cheer's

Millet

[/quot

Thats some bag and an awsome catch rate what cross is sam if you dont mind me asking?Im asking this queistion because i wondering what some lurchers are capable of running in one night the most ive ran is about 29 and we caught 7 :icon_redface:

how many runs did you have trigger thats some bag to feed the family :clapper:

must of been some whippet haha

not sure how many runs i had all i can say is it was alot. I will say the first 28 were caught farely fast it was good ground and the weather was good. the other 16 took a bit more time.

not sure how many runs i had all i can say is it was alot. I will say the first 28 were caught farely fast it was good ground and the weather was good. the other 16 took a bit more time.

what cross was that dog then mate :)

what cross was that dog then mate :)

The dog is a alsation/collieXwhippet/greyhound.

ai i thought you ment one night af first lol he sounds like he doing well did he catch on his first night out then.Is he hancock then or?is it the eating type red coat or the biter lol

No he is home bred , from a mate. The biter , he as shown a interest in the eating type all ready. ;)