Biting hob!!

aup hunters :D for some reason my hob ferret is starting 2 bite i dont no why. will i be because he can smell a litter of ferrets in the cage next to him n hes protecting then :blink: i dont why hes doin he used to be a gd ferret not biting at all :no:

any thoughts would be apprectiated

:good:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest holey
aup hunters :D for some reason my hob ferret is starting 2 bite i dont no why. will i be because he can smell a litter of ferrets in the cage next to him n hes protecting then :blink: i dont why hes doin he used to be a gd ferret not biting at all :no:

i might be to do with that mate or it could be to do with the jills if any of them are in season tap him on the nose a few time when he trys to bite you other people will tell you the same thing mate all the best :good:

i might be to do with that mate or it could be to do with the jills if any of them are in season tap him on the nose a few time when he trys to bite you other people will tell you the same thing mate all the best :good:

cheers holey :good::D i was told by my a friend 2 blow in his face?? wat u think?

Don't worry about it!.....He's grabbing you cos he wants to shagg your hand :D ...He will be probably be ok when things are back to normal :yes: ...My hob is 100% during the winter but come this time of year he takes every opportunity to grab anything that moves near him in the hope it's a jill on heat. I tend to my hobs first so I don't have any misleading smells on my hands :good:

keep a big bucket of water next to the hutch , dunk him he soon will stop .

Chilli, words fail me :no:

Guest wickidweasel
Don't worry about it!.....He's grabbing you cos he wants to shagg your hand :D ...He will be probably be ok when things are back to normal :yes: ...My hob is 100% during the winter but come this time of year he takes every opportunity to grab anything that moves near him in the hope it's a jill on heat. I tend to my hobs first so I don't have any misleading smells on my hands :good:

:laugh::laugh: mine tried shagging a rolling paint can and even left a mess in my hair :icon_redface:

Guest chilli

Whys that mike ??

Whys that mike ??

I foresee another arguement :no:

Guest holey

cheers holey :good::D i was told by my a friend 2 blow in his face?? wat u think?

yep i do that aswell mate hope he stops biting soon cause it bloody hurts :realmad: :good:

is he baiting and drawing blood are just nipping

ive heard the same about dunking in water, old ferreter told me if they wont let go then use water as a last resort, they have to let go then or die latched on

never done it tho

lemons squeezed freshly on my hands before handling 'psycho' is serving me well, shes been really really hard to break from biting, blowing on her nose didnt work too well, i mean it worked but not 100% of the time, sometimes she'd sink her teeth in for the kill the little bitch :laugh: my finger actually squirted blood once

so try lemon, its working for me really well, havent been bitten since, only slightly grabbed by her(only been trying this a few days)