maphunter, its your permission and you do what you want on it . Some farmers say kill em all, and others are happy to have them reduced to acceptable level, yours sounds like the latter. The best ones are the ones who say come when you want and take what you want, the ones that put pressure on all the time can be a pain. The object is in most cases to control, not eradicate, weve all read stories of the old trappers who always made sure they left some for next season. As long as your farmer can see an effort being made, and the rabbits arent swarming, thats the way to go.

thanks mate, yeh the guy where i go is a top man, even get tea n biccis before we leave,he knows ya can,t eradicate em,he,s really happy just seeing us put a hole in em...atb

Instead of going to the cost of installing drop boxes ect why no lamp them with the rimmy then if you think a rabbits to small you can leave it and shoot another one ??

Here is my point,

You don't need to preserve rabbits they are always going to be there. Full Stop!!!! Your are missing the point about drop boxes as well. They are usually positioned in perimeter fencing where the landowner is trying to stop rabbits getting accress to his land through ingress. Not all landowners control rabbits to such high levels. These fences are usually positioned around plots of housing or woodland strips and so on.

If you manage the drop boxes and don't over do it there will always be rabbits for the freezer. If any of my clients saw me letting your rabbits go i would lose contracts. Clients always want to know numbers so every rabbit counts young old or even myxi.........

Just manage your drops its as simple as that.

If you are doing the rabbit control for free ask the land owner to buy the drop boxes from lauderdale Enginneering and get them with lock so you can control the drops and don't lose rabbits.

Regards Roger

The other option that i use a lot when in the sping and summer is 4 stranded hoop snares and lots of them where the crop is starting to get eaten off. U can see the runs easy when the crop is up to a foot high or so...... I just go around all the sites looking for these areas.....

Edited by R_Oldroyd
Guest Catcher
maphunter, its your permission and you do what you want on it . Some farmers say kill em all, and others are happy to have them reduced to acceptable level, yours sounds like the latter. The best ones are the ones who say come when you want and take what you want, the ones that put pressure on all the time can be a pain. The object is in most cases to control, not eradicate, weve all read stories of the old trappers who always made sure they left some for next season. As long as your farmer can see an effort being made, and the rabbits arent swarming, thats the way to go.

Hi mate i totaly agree.If you and the Farmer are happy with what ever way you go about controling them good luck.After all it,s the farmer who has to take the cost of lost crop,s.atb .catcher :thumbs:

Here is my point,

You don't need to preserve rabbits they are always going to be there. Full Stop!!!! Your are missing the point about drop boxes as well. They are usually positioned in perimeter fencing where the landowner is trying to stop rabbits getting accress to his land through ingress. Not all landowners control rabbits to such high levels. These fences are usually positioned around plots of housing or woodland strips and so on.

If you manage the drop boxes and don't over do it there will always be rabbits for the freezer. If any of my clients saw me letting your rabbits go i would lose contracts. Clients always want to know numbers so every rabbit counts young old or even myxi.........

Just manage your drops its as simple as that.

If you are doing the rabbit control for free ask the land owner to buy the drop boxes from lauderdale Enginneering and get them with lock so you can control the drops and don't lose rabbits.

Regards Roger

The other option that i use a lot when in the sping and summer is 4 stranded hoop snares and lots of them where the crop is starting to get eaten off. U can see the runs easy when the crop is up to a foot high or so...... I just go around all the sites looking for these areas.....

thaks mate, very interesting reply,plenty to think about...thanks to everybody whos tried to help..cheers...............