Who here lamps with shotguns?

im looking into getting a 410 for rabbits but ive heared alot

of diffrent opinions about them so not sure yet :hmm:

what? as in moderated? i'd really go with the 12b, they reviewed an o/u 12b silenced job in some magazine a couple oif years ago... nothing wrong with the .410, it's just that the 12b gives you more leeway...(I think ;)) go with 30-32g no 5/6 out to 30 yd.....

on the stubbles and grass fields with a toyota corolla, stood on the passenger seat and sticking out the sunroof. Not sporting but good for pest control. Dont seem to have a noise problem, in the day all rabbits would scarper, but at night they dont take much notice. I lamp on foot alone, usually when I only want a couple, because carrying and shooting is a problemunless I pick up on the way back.

went out lamping last week end with a mate using a silenced 410. He was out the sun roof and i had the .22 for anything further away. Problem is the effective range of the 410 only seems to be about 15 yrds. You can hit em further away but it dosnt stop em.

im looking into getting a 410 for rabbits but ive heared alot

of diffrent opinions about them so not sure yet :hmm:

what? as in moderated? i'd really go with the 12b, they reviewed an o/u 12b silenced job in some magazine a couple oif years ago... nothing wrong with the .410, it's just that the 12b gives you more leeway...(I think ;)) go with 30-32g no 5/6 out to 30 yd.....

Looking back i wish id gone for 12 bore version of my hushpower .410 mossberg 500 pump. The 410 has quite a tight pattern and quite a short range. The 12 bore version would have given me more power / range. Not only that, the 12bore version comes with 2 barrels - both silenced and standard, giving more versality get again.

no big deal but something to post, just been out for hour on foot with lamp and gun, needed a few rabbits for the ferret. Managed to get three so thats food problem solved till next time. It was windy but it dropped right off pretty quick. Jumped over a gate and jolted the battery connectors off, as you do, but been carrying one of those keyring lights on my car keys and they are very useful little things to have when a little light is needed for such emergencies. Watched a badger for a while, they dont seem to bother about the light and just carry on like normal. This was with a 12 bore, I got one of them .410 adaptors that goes in the 12 bore barrel, its alright but you gotta be pretty close for good results. Night all.