410 carbine or classic

Guest Scuba1

Guest Scuba1

right, I have looked right up to page 105 on here and can't find an answer. I am coming back to the UK after 10 years abroad and want to get a new air rifle and had a look around and the AA410 looks to be the one that I will buy when I get there. I want it in .177 but can't make my mind up if i should get the classic or the carbine. Is there any difference as far as accuracy goes or is that not an issue. Any input welcome.

Thanks

Michael

hi scuba1

i have tried both and most definitely prefer the carbine,lighter,shorter,and a lot easier when shooting from a car .

with the classic it would be cumbersome to use from a car hence the length O/A LENTH 980mm, carbine O/A LENTH 885mm

under 4"inches difference .

weight comparison 2.48kg carbine / classic 2.72kg ,which ever you choose there are both great rifles hence AA

not as many shots in .177 but i have just started to use .177 and stuff the short shot count it evens its self out from missed shots in .22

hope this helps

regards

davy

Guest Scuba1

Thank you all for the input. So carbine it will be then as I don't care that much about the shot count. With my other rifles here, I used to put 5 pellets in my pocket and go out with that for the wabbits. As i only go out to fill the pot and have no ferrets or dogs to feed, that does me just fine. Usualy come back home with two in the bag and 7 to 8 pellets left.

Thanks again

Michael